Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Mud terrain KM or old style??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ChevBlazin, Jun 5, 2002.

1. ChevBlazin

ChevBlazin 1/2 ton status

I just had a blow out and now need to get a new tire. I have 35" mud terrains, but they are the old style, not the KM. The tread depth is 13/32, so they still have 2/3's of the tread. There is a tire store where I can still get an old style MT or should I get the new KM. Also I think I will get two of what ever I get so I dont have different size tires on one axle, even though the difference in size may be miniscule. Then I will use my other old tire as a spare becasue mine now doesnt match. I'm leaning towards just getting the KM's. Or can I get away with just replacing the one bad tire? what you all think?

2. XHitman396

XHitman396 1/2 ton status

with that small of a difference, personally, not having a lot of money layin around, i would just buy one of the cheaper old ones, then when u replace em all, use the newer old one as a spare, unless the KM gets better mileage, then when u replace em all, the used KM will be a better spare, does that make sense?? lol. jus my 2 cents

Brett

3. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

If it were me, I would buy two new BFG mud km's and use your old BFG as a spare like you said. If you did buy one new old style BFG it will not have the same amount of tread as your other old one, not really a problem unless you have a locker in the differential that it would be going on. Just my $.02