Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Mud tires suck because...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jms, Mar 22, 2004.

1. jms

jms 1/2 ton status Author

This will probably my shortest thread ever (edit: not true, more than 100 views in about an hour /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif), but I'm tired from work under a deadline, so here goes:

Mud tires suck because I can't hear the Andante of Beethoven's Fifth at speeds over 20 mph. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Feel free to add your reasons.... /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

You need a louder stereo...

Rene

3. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

You must become one with the hum of the mud tires. Just chant with me
    ooooom mahny padma oooom
    ooooom mahny padma oooom
    ooooom mahny I love my tires padma oooom
    ooooom mahny I love my tires padma oooom
    ooooom mahny padma oooom
    ooooom mahny padma oooom

There now don't you feel better. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
    Now then send me 50 bucks. Thanks so much in advance for the donation to the improve Ole Wimpy for the trails church. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif
    Good luck to y'all in the future.

Allan

4. jms

[ QUOTE ]

Rene

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't that defy the point of the Andante?

5. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

If you wanted to hear the Andante of Beethoven's Fifth, the buy a plush sports car or limo! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gifIt's a truck thats meant for off-road and yeah get some cahonies in your system so the whole neighborhood can hear it! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif
    Bill

6. ColAdo82K5

ColAdo82K5 1/2 ton status

As a music education major....I can tell you this..
    Dynamics in music are all relative. It's ok to rock out to the andante a little too loud, because when you listen to "loud" or "forte" sections, it will be that much louder.
    So, it's ok that your "pp" sound like "mf", because your "mf" sections will sound like "ffff".

Blake

7. tRustyK5

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

Rene

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't I need to know what the Andante was to continue this?? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

<Rummaging around for the dictionary>

Rene

8. tRustyK5

OK, maybe a louder stereo is an inelegant solution...the alternative is to probably wear a personal headset with a good CD player. At least then every subtlty of the peice will not be lost to the resonance of the tires.

Oddly enough, mud tires are quiet as a mouse when not on pavement...so stay away from pavement. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Rene

9. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no... andante is a tempo, or speed of the music. has nothing to do with the volume.

10. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

OH MY GOD!!!!! Would just get back to talkin about trucks already??? I already got my degree in performing arts and I don't need to relive those years on this site. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif Oh and by the way, I still love this site and all you guys. Come on everyone a big ole group hug. C'mon I'll start.

Yea ok I won't I thought it was funny though. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif
    Good luck to y'all in the future.

Allan

11. jms

[ QUOTE ]
    Oddly enough, mud tires are quiet as a mouse when not on pavement...so stay away from pavement. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Rene

[/ QUOTE ]

Rene, I like this one, never thought about it this way.

12. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

My mud tires suck because there bald! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

13. jms

[ QUOTE ]
    As a music education major....I can tell you this..
    Dynamics in music are all relative. It's ok to rock out to the andante a little too loud, because when you listen to "loud" or "forte" sections, it will be that much louder.
    So, it's ok that your "pp" sound like "mf", because your "mf" sections will sound like "ffff".

[/ QUOTE ]

That's right, I forgot, Beethoven was deaf near the end... /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

The, ahem, so-called 'stereo' in my truck is actually more of an afterthought; if I play "pp" sound like "mf", my "mf" sections will more sound like "chchchchchchchhch"; just goes to show you what you get if you go for the 'cheap' upgrades /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

14. tRustyK5

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

Rene

[/ QUOTE ]

Rene, I like this one, never thought about it this way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wheel to work while enjoying Beethoven...there is an oxymoron in there somewhere, but it's all cool. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Rene

15. jms

[ QUOTE ]

Wheel to work while enjoying Beethoven...there is an oxymoron in there somewhere, but it's all cool. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Rene

[/ QUOTE ]

After days like today, it certainly sounds terrific to me....

16. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    The, ahem, so-called 'stereo' in my truck is actually more of an afterthought; if I play "pp" sound like "mf", my "mf" sections will more sound like "chchchchchchchhch";

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFLMAO /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

17. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Bring the CD to Moab and I'll show you what it sounds like loud in the red dirt autitorium <sp> /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    Maybe then you will put a few more bucks into your sterio /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif.

18. jms

Dave, will do. I bet it'll sound terrific out there /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

19. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Mud tires rule when driving down Center st. around 60th. and some yutz in a ricer pulls up next to you. Just look down and think how fun it'd be to drive over them. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

20. jms

[ QUOTE ]
    Mud tires rule when driving down Center st. around 60th. and some yutz in a ricer pulls up next to you..... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That's when I get to enjoy THEIR stereo, and they get MY exhaust in their open window..... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif