Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Mud! (Warning to dial-up users: Lots of pictures)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by NerdBoy, Apr 7, 2004.

1. NerdBoy

NerdBoy 1/2 ton status

A buddy of mine was shooting some pictures and video at a local closed mine pit, and we decided that it was time to give the truck a test. (Believe it or not, no alcohol was consumed. This decision was made without any impairment)
    So, he grabbed his DV camera, and shot some video of me trying to make it through a couple of mud holes. I took some frame captures while editing the video, and these are some of the better shots.

(This is for all the people out there that think my truck is just a mall cruiser /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

[​IMG]
    Hm. I think I almost need a snorkel, here.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And, before I washed it off on Saturday...
    [​IMG]

Hope you all enjoy!

2. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Looks like fun man. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif I love mud but I cant stand that kind of mud water. I like peanut buttery mud better myself, doesnt get all up in the engine bay and stuff. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    This is for all the people out there that think my truck is just a mall cruiser

[/ QUOTE ]

DAMN!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Your really good at photochopping!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

J/K Nice pics. I like those kind of water pits too. Kinda cleans the undercarriage of all those chucks that the Peanut butter mud left behind. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Nice pics, did the engine get wet at all?

5. NerdBoy

NerdBoy 1/2 ton status

I think I prefer this type of mud, too. Seems to be easier to wash off the next day...

84gmcjimmy: A litte bit. Not too much, though. What you aren't seeing in the pictures is that I hit the first hole with too much speed, and killed the motor. That's when the most of the water hit the motor. There was a fair amount that came up onto the headers through the wheel wells, but that stuff boiled off pretty quickly. Made for a cool steam effect, though.

6. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

sweet looks like you had fun /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

84gmcjimmy: A litte bit. Not too much, though. What you aren't seeing in the pictures is that I hit the first hole with too much speed, and killed the motor. That's when the most of the water hit the motor. There was a fair amount that came up onto the headers through the wheel wells, but that stuff boiled off pretty quickly. Made for a cool steam effect, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

oooh okay, looks fun!