Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Muddysub call your office Real World Experience wanted

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by tomseviltwin, Mar 1, 2003.

1. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

You've got the inboard mounted shocks. What is your impression on how these work in relation to dampening, sway control an related issues for a Suburban?

2. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

well its a very well built kit and i'm happy with it. however like stephen watson has said, inboards on a suburban don't help sway much at all. and the fact that i ditched my swaybar doesn't either. i think if i were to get a set of disconnects and hook my bar up it'd eliminate a lot of the sway i got goin on. dampening wise it's not bad at all, i have mine in the outermost holes in the upper mount and they're at about the same angle they were with the stock mounts. it rides a little smoother and if i would get off my lazy ass and buy some RS9012s it'd flex a lot better too. my shocks are too short to really flex it up right now. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif overall, i think if you've got yur sway bar hooked up you'll like it, and if you've got long shocks you'll really like it.

3. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

I just fabbed up a rear shock mount on Thursday. It really got worked over this last weekend. Everything from freeways at 75mph, rough roads (nearly airborn at times), and flexing it out to the max. It held up great. The only problem I had was they hit my bumpstop brackets. I can fix that with a little trimming. I mounted the the shocks all the way out to the inside of the frame and nearly verticle. I think it olny cost me about $10 in steel and consumables.