Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

MUDDYSUB....I am thinking about buying a Burb.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MOABDADC22, Dec 5, 2002.

1. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

I might buy an 89 Sub for $2600.00. I am going to use the front clip,350 TBI, TH700R4, np241 on my 74. I figured that it would be just as efficient as waiting for the right part at the right price.....yatta yatta.

Just figured I would give you Sub owners a shout before I molest all the parts off of it /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif.

2. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Perfect! A lotta things point to 89 being the best year (hehe), gear driven speedo, NP241, best design 700r4... Good choice! Hope all goes well!

3. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

hey that's cool go for it! since you're taking parts off of it what else are you removing?

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

If you get it, I'd like to get a pair of barn door windows that have the factory dark tint and defrost grids. Mine are clear with the defrost grids right now. I could slap some tint film over 'em, but I'd prefer to find some with the tint already in the glass. (If they ever even made 'em that way). /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

5. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

I've flirted with the idea of putting a sub 2nd row seat in my crew cab, but I've got a spare sub here that's going to see a similar fate so I've got the seats and bracketry to mess with. Somebody else might need it though.
    Otherwise, the tank is always a good part for someone, the back windows are nice to keep, and the rear doors are specific to subs and crew cabs so don't toss them out. Not the amb. doors but the rear passenger doors.