Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Mudhog....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by white_knight, Aug 15, 2002.

1. white_knight

white_knight 1/2 ton status

or anyone who has the knowledge

I use videowave5 to capture my video. Am using a Sony PC9 Mini DV camera for my stuff but I'm curious....
    To digitize ... do I need just to hook up any video camera with the fire wire cable and capture. Do you know if this is all it would take to digitze ?

Still learning............

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

im not sure let me get some more info on that device and ill get back to you /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

ok thats the software your using yes if you have a fire wire port then yes just hook up the camcordr and capture the video i would recomend using a divx codec to compress it you saw how well my videos turned out fairly long good quality fairly big screen size (i hate those tiny videos) but still an easy download for 56k users /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

4. white_knight

white_knight 1/2 ton status

awesome!! thanks.
    Yes, the ones you digitized came out great

5. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I use studio DV to get the raw video off of my Sony Digital 8. This program really sucks for internet streaming. The lowest it will go is 250kb per second without using real player which I hate. Since I serve my webpage and videos out of my house and my uplink speed is 128kb per second, I use windows movie maker to take it down to 103kb per second. Its a little Mickey Mouse but it works good in the long run. I've got a mud bog on Saturday I'll tape and post on my page.