Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Muffler and lift kit help

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 76blazerguy, Nov 26, 2004.

1. 76blazerguy

76blazerguy 1/2 ton status

Hey, i just bought a 76 blazer. I need a new muffler and as far as i know its 18inches long with 2.25 outlets. I was wondering what muffler to get for it? I suppose the question is flowmaster or magnaflow and what size outlet and intlets?
    Also i think im gonna get an 8inch skyjacker lift system? what do you guys think of that? im 18 and will daily drive it to class but go wheeling most weekends.
    Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. duece21

duece21 1/2 ton status

I think magnaflow is a better flowing muffler, but I like the sound of a 50 series better but that is your choice of what you want on there. 8 inch skyjacker? Are you putting this lift on yourself or are you having a shop install it? What engine and gear ratio do you have and what size tires do you plan on putting on this beast.

3. 76blazerguy

76blazerguy 1/2 ton status

I will be putting the lift kit on with a friend or 2 at a friends shop. Im not for sure on the 8inch lift, maybe a 6inch? It is all pretty much stock right now. It has a 350 in it. Im planning on putting 35inch tires when i get the lift and then when i get some more money upgrading to at least some 37's.
    /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

4. duece21

duece21 1/2 ton status

Why not go with some TC Eazy rides 6" should do nice or even four with some fender triming. I'm guessing you have 3.73 ratio. Might want to change the gear ratio to around 4.56 will help your stock engine out alot.

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

My 76 Blazer came with 3.08 gears. I highly recomend doing a axle swap at the same time as the lift. Ya can find 3/4 ton axles fairly cheap with lowers gears. Heck of alot cheaper then regearing a pair of 1/2 ton axles, and makes more sence consittering how easy it is too bust a 1/2 ton axle with 35" or larger tires.