Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Muffler Question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by B_to_C, Mar 29, 2005.

1. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

I have a Flowmaster 50 series muffler. It is single inlet, dual outlet. Can I Cap one of the outlets with no harmful effects? I want to jusst cut off my drivers side tail pipe because it gets in the way of my shock and spring as you can see...

In this picture it actually dented my shock so badly it blew theseal and I had to buy a new shock.

[​IMG]

2. matto

matto Registered Member

the only thing that comes to mind is that it will restrict the flow of the muffler. it may not preform as well if you cap it.

3. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

why not just reroute the pipe? run it straight out the back or dump them in front of the back tires...

4. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

Nick, you know how my exhaust is. You could do something similar. Just cut both pipes off and put some 90* turndowns on the ends and angle them out toward the tire.

I did several road trips with the windows rolled up and no heater on, and there was no exhaust fumes. I even carrier or carbon monoxide sensor with us on a couple of trips.

You could at least put a turndown on the pipe in question.

P.S.-You need to clean out your PMs. :mad: