Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Muffler Question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by drofdar, Dec 15, 2005.

1. drofdar

drofdar 1/2 ton status

A friend that works at Midas tells me they have a muffler called RAVEN that they are selling out in favor of the FLOWMASTER 40 because of popularity. He claims the RAVEN while quieter than the FLO, has better performance due to a different chamber design. Thoughts, comments?

2. gauder

gauder Banned

I heard Ravin went out of business. Could be why he's pushing it, to get it out of stock.

3. 1BEATK5

1BEATK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

ravin is now sold by arvin/meritor under the vortex name. put the flowmaster on, as they create A low pressure system in the exhaust. which not only produces more power, but lowers the temperature of the manifolds, or headers. flowmaster also uses better welding techniques when they weld the necks on. broken necks are the #1 failure of perf. mufflers.

4. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

Just know that all of the heat pulled out of the manifolds or headers ends up in the muffler itself. BT, DT. Melted stuff because of it.

5. trailblazr81

trailblazr81 1/2 ton status

I would go Flo Super 40. Deep tone less resonance. Flowmaster is a rather big company and spends lots of $$$ on R&D and racing.