Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

muffler time

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by muddysub, Nov 10, 2001.

1. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i just got some money first i'm gonna become a CK5 member then i'm buying a flowmaster muffler and a K&N air filter. i know i want a flow master, but whitch one? 40 series or 50 series. ( other suggestions welcome) my sub is a daily driver so i don't wanna go deaf in a month but i still want a loud, deep sounding exhaust. what do y'all recommend? right now it's stock and my tires drown out my exhaust at like 40mph. my tires sound cool but a flow master would sound better.

SWAMPERS RULE!!
    scott,
    1989 GMC suburban 3/4t 4" lift finally rollin on 36" swampers, tbi350, th350, np241

2. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Flowmaster 50s are quieter than 40s. When I did my exhaust I chose Dynomax Super Turbos. They flow a lot better than Flowmasters and still sound really nice off the line. A buddy of mine has 40s and he gets a lot of reverberation inside the cab........I would imagine it would be the same if not worse in a Sub.

Another bonus is the Super Turbos cost quite a bit less then the Flows, at least around here.

<font color=blue> NEVER FORGET, NEVER FORGIVE, NEVER SURRENDER<font color=blue>

3. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

I would go with magnaflows. check them out My vehicles

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

1. Even if you had straight pipes, your tires would still drown out your exhaust.

2. If you use the word loud, you want 40s. 50s aren't loud. Maybe with 3" pipe on a big block with no tailpipes, but really, 50s aren't loud at all IMO. 40s aren't loud enough for me either.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles

5. xnoahx

xnoahx 1/2 ton status

Sorry, the only time i hear my tires are when i let off the gas. The glasspacks drown everything out. Thats why im going to get rid of them soon for some summit turbos

My 73 K5 <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/xk5blazerx/73k5.htm>http://www.geocities.com/xk5blazerx/73k5.htm</a> 350/TH350/NP203, Q-jet, Edelbrock intake, Vortec heads, 4" lift, and 36" TSL's