Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1. 88K5Rhododendron

88K5Rhododendron Registered Member

I have to get a new muffler... And my parents have a 91 blazer, mine is an 88 both K5... Their rig sounds way way louder than mine.... And I like it... Sounds much more powerful.. ya know... Everyone will say... why don't you just ask what type of muffler they have... but it doesn't work like that in this house... rite now anyway... I am in the dog house... but anyway... Any ideas as to what type of muffler I should get? A buddy says flowmaster... thanks for the help!

Matt

2. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

The majority of people on this website will say Flowmaster and I definitely agree. I've tried 4 or 5 different brands of mufflers and I've had 2 different sets of Flowmasters and they were my favorites. Thats what I have on my Blazer right now and when they wear out, I'm getting some more just like 'em. If you want loud, get the 2 chamber ones like I have. Or if you want to save some money and want it the loudest, just get some cherrybomb glasspacks.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

3. K5Junkie

K5Junkie 1/2 ton status

4. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

I have a single flowmaster with a y-pipe on my 88 and i am pretty pleased. Once I get money for headers I am running true duals and will definitely run dual two chamber flowmasters. A friend of mine was kind of hard up for money and ran true duals with Flow-Pro mufflers.(Two chamber)and that thing sounds real good. Loud as hell. He saved about 25 bucks on each muffler that way but I dont know if they will last as long or not. Dont know much about them. Trust me on this one, get out of the dog house as soon as possible. I say that from experience. Good luck!

Have you driven OVER a Ford lately?

5. collegeK5er

collegeK5er Registered Member

i run duals no cats and glass packs. sounds plenty loud. mines 81 in texas 84 and up required to have cats so i don't have to worry about it. it's fun to set off other cars alarms just starting it up. flowmaster with give you a more throaty sound mine sounds diffrent its hard to describe. anyway both are good

Doin' it all on a college budget

6. **b**

**b** 1/2 ton status

Im using a walker turbo
    nice tone for 1/2 the price of flowmaster

7. Executioner

Executioner 1/2 ton status

Temp. Ft. Walton Beach Fl. home=Tucson, Az.
    Ture duals made by Edlebrock, True duals two simeas twins for cat's
    Soft locker on the right side, hard locker on the left.
    Almost bald rear Super Swampers, that is true duals that are bald.

8. Scoobydoo

Scoobydoo 1/2 ton status

Phoenix / Peoria ARIZONA. (75thAve/DeerValley)
    Dude, put down the crack pipe, and step away from the computer.[​IMG]

9. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

Executioner, you might want to get some help, I think the exhaust fumes are getting to you buddy.

10. pregate

pregate Registered Member

actually college, if it says "catalyst" on the sticker inside the hood, then it has to have a cat no matter..
    mines a 79, and i still have to have one :(
    (in tx)

1979 K5 Blazer
    4x4, 350 V8

11. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

To tell you the truth even if it HAS to have one not everyone DOES run one. I have a family friend that owns an exhaust shop that put exhaust on my truck. It is an 88 with no catalytic converter. It is definitely illegal but I did it anyway.

12. 88K5Rhododendron

Funny you should say that! The place I got my fuel filter at today.. I asked about overhauling my exhaust... and He said he could get rid of the cat without anyone knowing... but live outta DEQ to no one will ever notice... hehe :-)

13. White Knight

White Knight 1/2 ton status

Actually in Texas you are required to run Catalytic converters on every vehicle 1/2 ton and passenger vehicles since 1975 (first year for cats). Your most likely in a county that dosen't require a visual inspection, or sniffer.......

WK

14. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I live in Texas too and it depends on what county you live in if you have cats. In Dallas county where I live you have to have them and the inspection is more-like $25. In Collin county just a mile north of me you have to have them for anything newer than 84 and the insp is like $5.

90K5

15. wheelin247

wheelin247 1/2 ton status

i have 2 2 chamber 30 series flowmaster mufflers and they are great ....

16. mudfanatic

mudfanatic 1/2 ton status

DEQ? is that Rhododendron, Oregon?
    Just gotta ask.
    Dan

<font color=red>get involved with land issues or lose the land</font color=red>

17. 88K5Rhododendron

If i answered that wouldn't I be saying too much.... But oh well... I am in oregon... not in rhodie actually tho... just outside of it towards the mountain... I am gonna leave the cat in there now... ;)

hush hush everyone!

Later all!

18. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I run ceramic Flowtech headers to Hi Flo cats to Dynomax mufflers on my 89 K5Jimmy...it has plenty of stoplight attitude and is still quiet enough on the road to hear the stereo...no crossover because I like the way duals sound...in Collin Co, Tx insp is $12.50...I also have a 79 K5Blazer with Hookers, no cats, Walkers...in Dallas Co I never had a problem with the $12.50 insp...I now live in Collin Co...and it is still $12.50...I don't think the insp charge changes with the vehicle or with the county...good luck with whatever choice you make...JD