Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Mufflers

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dpearson, Apr 10, 2000.

1. dpearson

dpearson Registered Member

I have a 75 GMC Jimmy w/a 454 and Headman Headers going into 3" exhaust, turbo mufflers. I would like to be able to listen to some tunes, by either replacing the mufflers or going back to stock ex. manifolds or both. I would like
    to quit wasting money and get it right the first time (third time). I don't care about losing some power just want to hear myself sing while cruising the desert with the top off. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. P.S. I am selling dana44 and 12 bolt w/3.08's and four 35x12.5x15's with less than 500 miles on them. I'm in El Paso, TX.

Thanks

2. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>Try flowmaster 70 series, they're not as loud. What kind of tires are they and how much do you want?</font color=blue>

3. dpearson

dpearson Registered Member

They are Mud Kings M/T $300+ shp/hand. Are the 70 series 3-chamber that the thread has been talking about? Whatg do you know about borla.

4. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>yeah i think they are three chambers. it said in the flowmaster brochure that they are the "mellowest sounding" muflers they have. How worn are the tires?</font color=blue>