Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

multi fuel vehicle???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 69K5, Oct 23, 2003.

1. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

what is a multifuel vehicle??? i was poking around some auctions and founbd this?

6*6

2. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

I know that some tanks can run on both gas and diesel and even oil. I suppose this is something similar. I am sure some of the army guys knows about this.

3. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

yep most of the mil spec engines are supposed to be able to run on any fuel. That way if they run out somewhere they can put in whatever they find.

4. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Multi fuel is crap....They run OK on all choices, and great on none of them....

Drive a duece and a half with that puny motor and see what I mean....You will discover why they put 6.72 gears in them....

5. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

i doubt ill get a deuce and a half, my wife would kill me but the opening bid was 35.00 i wonder how they pull that off. its gotta be crappy because of compression and stuff.

thanks

69k5

6. steelsoldiers

steelsoldiers 1/2 ton status

The multifuel engine is actually quite an amazing piece of engineering. It uses a specially designed spherical combustion chamber and a fuel density compensator to run different fuels at the same power output level. The US armed forces typically ran them all on diesel because that is what they ran best on. If you want to run your multifuel on gas, not recommended, but if you did, you would have to flush the entire system of diesel first and then switch to gasoline so that the fuel density compensator can do its job. They could also run on kerosene, diesel, Jet A, etc... A lot of the trucks coming from GovLiquidation have had their fuel density compensators bypassed and they will have a stencil that reads "diesel fuel only." I have the LD-465 NA multifuel engine in my deuce. I have alway run diesel fuel in it. The engines are not know for being a real power house, but they are easy to maintain and they get the job done. I hope this helps explain everything. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif