Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

multi link front end

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by VisionxOrb, Oct 10, 2001.

1. VisionxOrb

VisionxOrb 1/2 ton status

Hi, I was thinking that ORD should make a bolt on ( or atleast as close as possible, i noticed ORD Blazers got mulitlink ) 3 or 4 link front end kit manly because of the travel it can have. I do ( or try to aleast ) alot of prerunning in my k5 ( currently front 4 inch with 1 addleafs and extended shackles and rear 2 inch springs with flipped shackles and highly trimed fenders) and basicly need alot more travel( so I can give the dang 2wd rangers a run for there money). the rear im thinking of highly extended leaf springs but thats not really practical on the front and building my own link\coil setup is way out of my abilities. anyone else think this is a good idea?

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

We have been kicking around a lot of ideas on how to do some kind of "kit" for a coil front and haven't figured out a really clean way to do it. Frame strength is definitely an issue, whatever we do will have to address that issue for sure. We boxed my frame from the front to behind the t-cases and the cage runs pretty much front to rear. We also ended up running my upper link into the t-case crossmember/skidplate assembly which got a little complex.
    For most people's use, a set of good leaves with a decent shock and crossover steering is going to do the trick. For what you're trying to do, you need my suspension with flatter link angles in the front and some air bumps. a single 2.5" shock may not be able to handle the damping, a 3" or a pair of 2.5's may work better. Radius arms may even be adequate for go-fast use, articulation isn't a huge priority for something built to fly across the desert.
    We're not much help right now.

Making the world better, one truck at a time.
    SW-ORD
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.offroaddesign.com>www.offroaddesign.com</a>

3. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

<font color=green>"(for high speed) We're not much help, right now"</font color=green>

Anyone else read that the same way I did? Pugs? Stephan?

Possibliities, Stephan?

Maybe -yet agian, I read more in there than what was posted.

<font color=blue>Twiztid</font color=blue>&lt;P ID="edit"&gt;&lt;FONT class="small"&gt;&lt;EM&gt;Edited by Twiztid on 10/16/01 01:39 AM.&lt;/EM&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;/P&gt;

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Another cryptic marketing ploy by Stephen...[​IMG][​IMG]
    I caught that too Eric...

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/project_T2> tRusty pics...</a>

5. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

I don't want to rule it out, it's always at the back of our minds. Just not a front burner project at this point.

Making the world better, one truck at a time.
    SW-ORD
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.offroaddesign.com>www.offroaddesign.com</a>