Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

multi-mount pics needed

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mudhog, Feb 25, 2001.

1. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

anyone running a multi-mount winch if i could get some pics of how you attached it to the frame i would appreciate it. i will be installing mine this week and would like some ideas on what you all have done. and also what you have done to make it theft resistant.
    thanks in advance

s.smith 77blazer lookin 4 mud [​IMG]

2. mudhog

back to the top someone has to have some pics

3. elkboy

elkboy 1/2 ton status

I just mounted one on my F250(no Ford jokes please) Should have pics by end of week. You have to drill some 1/2" holes in the frame, piece of cake other than that.Don't worry about what brand of front reciver you get, there are others cheaper than Warn. Warns winch mount kit is by far the most complete, defently worth the $$. I bought mine at Baxters for ~$160.00 plus the front reciver. Warns reciver was ~155.00, but you can get them for 99.00 from Reece, etc if you shop around. I need to get some cables and receivers for my blazer next, so I can move it over when it's running.

[​IMG]<font color=red> Elkboy</font color=red> [​IMG]

4. mudhog

i have warns multi-mount that the winch sets on i got it at 4wheel parts wharehouse 4 $140 including a very cool lock that has a cover 4 the key hole so no mud gets in[​IMG] i am looking 4 pics of how people have built the reciver and mounted it to the frame

5. 79Jimmy

79Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I did that exact setup...I had a front reciever custom made since I have a prerunner add on bumper that I needed to clear which unfortuately dopped the reciever kind of low not bad though. Unfortunately I dont have any pics but I can tell you that it mounts just under the front frame rail horns and is triangulated the the front crossmember. This setup worked out very well and is very secure and security isnt a concern...
    If you have any ?s let me know and Ill try to describe it better.

James W

79jimmy@sprint.ca