Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Multi Point Fuel Injection Conversion?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Dunc03, Mar 31, 2004.

1. Dunc03

Dunc03 1/2 ton status

I'm thinking of getting a MPFI kit for my 86. With the upgrade to the new performance motor, the old Q-jet is not cutting it. I've done all kinds of mods, and it flows alot more fule to feed the beast, but GM discontinued the power valve spring I need. So, I'm faced with another $400 dollar carb that will still get crappy gas mileage or fuel injection. I figured I'd go with MPFI becuase its not alot more expensive than TBI for my application.

I found a place called Affordable fuel Injection out of Michigan. THey have a MPFI special going for $1495, well $1695 for me because I have the Vortec heads. Has anyone ever used these guys, or done this kind of swap. My other option is to go with the edelbrock kit for $2300. Thats alot of money,nearly twice the price of the other.

Tell me what you guys think, or have experienced through this type of conversion. I'm looking for beter gas milage and driveablity.

Here are the specific on my ride

86 K5

GMPP 350HO with 330HP
    Bowtie overdrive stage 2 700r4
    33 X 12.50

Here is the Link for Affordable Fuel Injection.

Thanks for the help

2. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

Go big or go home

I am going with the Pro-Flo for my 454 soon..TBI is cool but just doesn't cut it for me....

Chris

3. bushmaster

bushmaster 1/2 ton status

i have the edelbrock pro flo 3500 installed on a 388 engine is sitting in the bare frame havnt run it yet but seems well made and uses mostly gm parts 1900 clams from summit

4. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Looks like a good unit to me. I surfed around their site and it looks like they build the stuff rite.
    Man. Their TPI makes my mouth water!
    [​IMG]

5. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

I am looking into this also. I posted in the forst gen forum. Im going to get TPI off a Camaro/Firebird.