Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

multi port injection

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by westtexask5, Sep 25, 2004.

1. westtexask5

westtexask5 Registered Member

My 88 has the edelbrock multi-port injection kit on it. What are your thoughts on this? It runs like a scalded ape after half throttle, but at part throttle it surges and misses. when you are at speed and let off the throttle the exhaust smells horrible. thanx for the info...... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

2. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

I got the tbi-mpfi conversion kit on mine, mine doesnt miss and sputter as you say, the stock 454 670cfm tbi limits my upper rpm ability (dont need to go that fast on swampers anyway). Anyway, as to what your exhaust smells like, sometimes, just like 1 out of 100, and its usually if ive gotten on it really hard for really long, and then pop off the gas and stop (like at the next redlight) ill get a smell kinda like green onions, almost bad enough to make your eyes burn. I have never been able to figure it out, but i notice it more if im running citgo gas, doesnt hardly ever do it on shell. Who knows. WHich mpfi kit do you have?

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    My 88 has the edelbrock multi-port injection kit on it. What are your thoughts on this? It runs like a scalded ape after half throttle, but at part throttle it surges and misses. when you are at speed and let off the throttle the exhaust smells horrible. thanx for the info...... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ] I'm no expert, but that kinda sounds like a bad cat converter, and possibly a O2 sensor. If you've got the funds, I'd take it too a shop and let them tell you what need replaced.

4. westtexask5

The kit that I have is the edelbrock tbi replacement that uses the stock tbi body but not the injectors. As far as the cat...there is none. I have a feeling that its just a matter of to much fuel preasure and not enough timing, but i could be wrong. The specs call for 8 degrees of advance but i'm only at 3 degrees

5. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

yeh thats the same kit I have, can you describe the smell? Im just curious if its the same as mine.

6. westtexask5

seems to be the same smell... makes your eyes water and burs the lungs...is really bad with the to removed, /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif wheeww!!!