Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

multi shocks

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by adamforsythe, Nov 10, 2004.

1. adamforsythe

adamforsythe 1/2 ton status

How many of you guys have multi shock set up on the front and in the back of your trucks?
    Thanks
    ADam

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I belive 1 shock per corner is pleanty.

3. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

They are not really necessary unless you fo alot of high speed stuff with a soft suspension and big tires, just stick with the single shock, it works good /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

I have duals front and rear, if I remember correctly, it is a rancho front bracket, and a rear trailmaster bracket.

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    multi shocks

[/ QUOTE ]

Suck. Like someone already said, not necessary unless you're doing your Ivan Stewart impression, and even then, get a real shock and leave it at that. Don't see too many rigs with more than one shock at each corner unless they are the higher end desert rigs.

6. pismorat

pismorat 1/2 ton status

I 'had' dual shocks in the front, but recently removed them because what I have heard here. Let me tell you that it is awesome having 1 per corner, way better on and offroad. Now time for monotubes /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif I am never going duals again!!! /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

7. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

First thing I did when I lifetd the Blazer was lose the dual front shocks. One per corner is plenty!

8. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

I'm going to very timidly be the lone wolf here. My truck has the "quad 4" suspension package (4 shocks) up front from the factory. I have driven blazers without this and in my opinion they do not drive nearly as good. My truck does not have nearly the amount of "sway" in a turn as one without this package does. However, I do not do alot of "wheeling", but I do use my truck as a daily driver and travel in it, so how it drives on the road is probably more important to me than to alot of the guys in here. There is no doubt that most guys in here know much more about K-5's than I do. I just thought I'd give you my opinion.

9. 84caddyvert

84caddyvert Registered Member

i had duals and took them......truck rides much better and is not quite like riding a brick.......

10. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm going to very timidly be the lone wolf here. My truck has the "quad 4" suspension package (4 shocks) up front from the factory. I have driven blazers without this and in my opinion they do not drive nearly as good. My truck does not have nearly the amount of "sway" in a turn as one without this package does. However, I do not do alot of "wheeling", but I do use my truck as a daily driver and travel in it, so how it drives on the road is probably more important to me than to alot of the guys in here. There is no doubt that most guys in here know much more about K-5's than I do. I just thought I'd give you my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

You more than likely have crap shocks or the very rare setup where the two shocks are actually valved for the application.

Learning about shocks, a person will discover what's behind them and will find out that dual shocks are a waste, except in the most extreme of circumstances.

11. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Learning about shocks, a person will discover what's behind them and will find out that dual shocks are a waste, except in the most extreme of circumstances.

[/ QUOTE ]

OR if you're one of those show truck guys....because obviously having 18 shocks per corner makes the truck cooler..... /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

12. adamforsythe

adamforsythe 1/2 ton status

Hello,
    Well I guess the good old Blazer is going to stay a one shocker per side.
    Thanks for the info
    Adam

13. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    OR if you're one of those show truck guys....because obviously having 18 shocks per corner makes the truck cooler..... /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Somebody give my show truck (with the primer door) a hell yeh! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif