Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Multiple Questions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Ryan, Apr 4, 2003.

1. Ryan

Ryan Registered Member

1) Where can I get a 2" Front Receiver hitch for a 1990 K5? I've already looked at Reese, Hidden Hitch, etc - nothing. I need someone who has one. A specific part number or vendor would be great.

2) Will pickup springs work on a K5? These things were not set up to have weight in the rear, so when you pull a car trailer, you end up spotlighting possums in the trees. I was thinking some truck springs would not let the rear sag so much when pulling a trailer, I'm just concerned about the ride quality. Any other reasonable solutions?

3) I'm looking for a legible copy of the instruction sheet that comes with the GM speedometer calibration kit for 1990 and 1991 Blazers with electronic speedo's. I substituted dip-switches for the jumpers in the control box. This would allow me to correct for gear / tire changes, just by flipping some switches. I need some jumper configurations to have a baseline to start from.

Thanks,
    Ryan

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

1/2 ton springs will work in a k5 but they are the same springs. I have a 6 leaf rear pack and that thing barely squats. My dad's 2002 F250 is like lowered with the same load on a trailer as my K5. How many miles do you have? wouldn't be surprised if yours were a little on the worn side. Maybe a simple add a leaf or heavier spring pack. Either way will ride harder. My K5 rides hard in the back but for the load capacity I am more than willing to deal.

3. Ryan

Ryan Registered Member

Just rolled 130K. I'm sure they are a little worn, but this is a problem I have seen on other Blazers also. It could be the fact that they have not been made for 12 years now, and they're all getting broken in good!