Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Multiple Shock mounts?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Indy, Apr 14, 2003.

1. Indy

Indy Registered Member

Anybody have multiple shock mounts on their rig? I'm looking for some for my 88 K5. Does anyone offer a bolt-in package, or will I need to grind & weld? Thanks

2. One_Ton_k5

One_Ton_k5 1/2 ton status

I don't have an answer for you but why do you want dual shocks? I do not like the dual shocks on my truck and I think you would be better off with 1 good shock in each corner.

my .02

3. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

i got my front dual shock kit from ranco, and my rear dual kit from trailmaster. Some pics of all the mountin in the my truck now 2 album in the link below. the fronts are bolt on, the rears must be welded around the tubes.

4. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

shocks are overrated. Ask 73K5tony510. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

unless you are building a high speed desert racer, why the dual shocks?

j

6. pismorat

pismorat 1/2 ton status

I have dauls in the front, it's an old skool Rough Country set up. One is in the stock position, the other shock has the bottom mount bolted to the top of the knuckle(axle tube part) and the top mount bolts to where the engine mounts do. It's a sweet setup, I just don't know if it is made anymore. I love it, and it gives me a good ride on and off road. /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I have dauls in the front, it's an old skool Rough Country set up. One is in the stock position, the other shock has the bottom mount bolted to the top of the knuckle(axle tube part) and the top mount bolts to where the engine mounts do. It's a sweet setup, I just don't know if it is made anymore. I love it, and it gives me a good ride on and off road. /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Pics please.

8. Indy

Indy Registered Member

The main reason I want multiple shocks is because I blew out my Heckethorns in one weekend on Nevada wheelin. But maybe I will just get some better shocks that can hold up. Any recommendations? Also, K20, where did you get those APC gauges, they are slick.

9. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i like my doetsch techs... DT8000s. may be to soft if you are doing high-speed type stuff though...

j

10. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

i got em from www.acmetruckparts.com i used to have a catalog around here, but if you find em on their site, the last digit will probably be an x, just replace the X with either an R for red writing or a B for blue.