Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Muncie into an auto car

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by DesertDueler, Jul 14, 2003.

1. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

My buddy wants to put a M20 muncie into his 70 GTO. He has the tranny clutch and bellhousing. He needs a pedal assembley. The problem is that the tranny he got is for a hydrulic clutch, so where could we find a pedal assembly for it? Or if someone knows of a way to modify it. We have a clutch pedal from a 85 corvette that is self contained(just bolts to a bracket) and is setup for a hydrulic clutch. If we make that work, can we just cut down the brake pedal, or do we need a new pedal as well? Also what about crossmembers? He has a crossmember for a turbo 400 tranny, can we make that work?
    sorry for being so many questions, but we want to do this asap

Dan

2. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

An M20 for Hydraulic clutch? What did that come out of? You can use the same crossmember. There should be a series of holes along the frame and in this case the M20 with the origianl Bellhousing is the same lenght as the TH350 or the Powerglide so there will be holes there. Since the 4 speed was an option in that car, it might be easier to but the mechanical setup into it as you can find parts. Any Chevelle, Lemans, El-Camino, Monte-Carlo, GTO, Skylark, 442, Cutless, and a few others from '68 to '72 with a manual will have the exact pedals and pieces that you need. Sometimes you can find complete setups on Ebay. Good luck with the swap.

3. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

The tranny is out of a corvette. As for holes in the frame, there isnt, so I will have to drill. The car did have a manual option, but no t-350 or pg setup. GTO came stock with atleast a 400 ci engine, and a t-400 or M21.

Dan

4. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I had a 64 lemans, that originally had the pontiac "powerslide" in it. I swapped to a M-21. I used all the pedals and clutch parts, except bellhousing, from a 69 El Camino. It was a bolt in swap. I did have to get a different crossmember. I think I used a th350 from some 70 chevelle. I am pretty sure, the clutch linkage and pedals from any 64-72 GM intermediate would work. I also had to use the chevelle Drivshaft, the M 21 was shorter than the th400. and the shaft yoke was smaller.