Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Murphy strikes again

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by RootBreaker, Jun 14, 2005.

1. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

You know just when things start going the right way... Someone invites "Murphy"

he needs to stay away.. maybe sign a restraining order or something....

got my new alt in (140 upgrade didnt go so well :crazy: ) so stocker in there fo now

fixed rear disc brakes... work perdy good but still need adjustable port valve...

anyhow... walked to my truck yesterday.... goto open the door...
    push button in.. and door doesnt open.. also seems funny... lightly press button and you can hear the rod clankin in the door....

DOH!!!! I HATE YOU MURPHY!!!!!

2. mudslinger99

mudslinger99 1/2 ton status

I know a fellow that his last name is Murphy and he is in the lawn care buisness and on the side of his truck he has

Murphy's Law-n :D

I need to get a bigger altenator on my 84... So tell me what trouble your having putting yours on ?

3. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Forget the resistor and blow the alternator up?

These are the directions that were given to me in regards to setting my 80 up with a 105 amp alt from a newer Chevy truck:

"terminal with the white wire on it goes to the battery (red wire on your current alt). On the 4 terminal plug the wire in the largest terminal (1 large,3 small) is the voltage sensing wire this can go to the same place (the terminal block by the battery). The other wire is a little more tricky, it depends if you have a warning light or not. If you have a warning light it would go to that, on the terminal opposite the terminal that goes to the ignition. If you do not have a warning light the brown wire on you alt will go there, BUT THROUGH A 75 OHM 3 WATT RESISTOR. DO NOT HOOK TO 12 VOLT OR YOU WILL NEED ANOTHER ALT. Again splice a resistor in series with the brown wire before it connects to the alt. You can probably purchase one at Radio Shack."

4. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

I bought the ac delco plug...
    ran white wire to fusebox for juice with key... then brown wire to my other wire..... that is it.... autozone tested he alt and said it was good... put the factory alt in and charges.. just cant get the 140amp alt working... but really do not require a 140 amp alt yet...