Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Murphy's Law SUCKS

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by scrappy88, Jul 18, 2003.

1. scrappy88

scrappy88 1/2 ton status

Murphy\'s Law SUCKS

So I was getting ready to drive to Phoenix tomorrow to pick up a D60, confident that the K5 would make the trip no problem... well I get off work and start it to head home and BAM! It started to crank and then stopped pretty hard followed by a pop. Turns out the head gasket was leaking coolant into one of the cylinders and it had filled with water, then blew the head gasket when I cranked it. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif. Now I've got no truck and no way to AZ. I'm having my brother pick the axle up though. It just sucks when things always seem to go wrong at the worst times /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif. Ok I'm done ranting /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

Re: Murphy\'s Law SUCKS

that does suck /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif are you going to just replace the head gasket or rebuild the motor?

3. scrappy88

scrappy88 1/2 ton status

I'm going to do a good rebuild someday but since this is my current daily driver, I just don't have the time or money to do it right now. I'll just replace the head gaskets and squeeze the rest of the life out of this motor. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Hay I would say that's good luck. It could have happed in east Jesus.

5. scrappyk5

scrappyk5 1/2 ton status

sounds like my ordeal when i went to pick up my 14bff.
    on my way back though is when i broke down with my other
    trailrig/dd . i was 75 miles from home and my flywheel broke.
    murphys law /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Breaking down sucks..but like Grimmy said better in the driveway than BFE with no tools or anything nearby. Think of what you saved in towing alone/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rene

7. scrappy88

scrappy88 1/2 ton status

Yeah now that I think about it, I'm glad it happened here instead of in the middle of the desert. I tore into it tonight and got the heads pulled. Took a hell of a lot longer than I expected.. probably because I didn't have any BEER! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Hopefully I'll have it back together by Sunday. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I once got rear ended by some demented drunk woman while visiting Portland. She hit me doing better than 55 mph and the aftermath sucked. She had no insurance and I'm not from the US...

At first I thought "Of all the rotten luck", then I looked over in the next lane at this newer mini-van with 3 kids inside (one already in a wheelchair) and I thought "how lucky she hit me...if she would have hit the van there would have been some serious injury to those kids."/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif I drove home with a sore back and not much more.

Perspective is everything!

Good luck with the fix.../forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rene