Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Music Downloaders

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 78GMC1/2TON4x4, Dec 2, 2004.

1. 78GMC1/2TON4x4

78GMC1/2TON4x4 1/2 ton status

any other programs to DL free music from besides kazaa? that thing has F'd up my computer now twice!

2. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

think "bittorrent"... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

3. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

shareazza

4. spincast375

spincast375 1/2 ton status

used to have morpheus. now have edonkey
    neither have done me wrong

...although it is good to have ad-aware

5. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

6. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    azureus is a great program. use www.suprnova.org to get your stuff or www.demonoid.com

[/ QUOTE ]

Be sure it is suprnova.org, as .net and .com are scammers. I get my stuff from suprnova and use burst

7. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

8. mr_blasto

mr_blasto 1/2 ton status

I have started using limewire recently, and it is a pretty good program. There is a pretty serious program called Direct Connect from http://www.neo-modus.com/ . If you go to that website it is a trip! They have enough users to have over a petabyte of data on there program - which, as they point out, is triple the amount of data available on kazaa, morpheus, and grokster combined.

I used this program back in college a lot and it is not super user friendly, but once you figure it out there is nothing better. You can't even log onto some hubs unless you are sharing over 100 gigs, of course there are plenty that only require 4 gigs of shared info. Anything you want is probably on there.

Tons of movies, games, music, software, whatever! Really the only way to go once you get the hang of it.

9. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

"Hard work and honesty?"

I use limewire, but have abd habit of buying the CD half an hour after I find soemthing i like...... stupid honesty making me lose my money /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

There is a program I use called DietK to be used with Kazaa. It removes/blocks all the bad stuff that comes along with it. My Kazaa work's fine and no other side effects. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif I got it from download.com. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

11. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

Ther are a bunch of file-sharing programs out there that will make sharing copywritten music easy. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

With the wide variety of people (read: wide variety of music) on this boardf I'm sure we could cover almost any type of music.

Now I would never suggest that we do anything illegal /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif but gee whiz, we have some really technical folks here that could probably figure something out to make a bunch of really cool music available to everyone ..... or at least a select few.

Anyone have any ideas?

/forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

12. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

do you know if DietK will work with limewire? i dont have a huge problem, nothing spybot and adaware cant handle, but it'd be nice to not have to worry about all that.

on a side note, i run limewire, and it likes to use a sh!t-ton of system resources. anyone else have to deal with this? im runnin 512mb ram, 2.4Ghz of processor speed and IE/AIM and my computer bogs horribly when im runnin limewire /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

13. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

i use imesh , good for me /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

14. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Winmx is good but sometimes has a lot of spyware
    blubster.com hides your identey so music companies cant track you if you DL or share a lot of files.
    Also use limewire Works good /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif No spyware. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif (so far)

15. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Ther are a bunch of file-sharing programs out there that will make sharing copywritten music easy. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

With the wide variety of people (read: wide variety of music) on this boardf I'm sure we could cover almost any type of music.

Now I would never suggest that we do anything illegal /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif but gee whiz, we have some really technical folks here that could probably figure something out to make a bunch of really cool music available to everyone ..... or at least a select few.

Anyone have any ideas?

/forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

We could share music. And games, applications, videos, movies, TV shows...

16. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

I don't know much about computers. My brother knows a lot about computers and says that kazza and limewire can track you. That's why I never use them.

17. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

Imesh /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif