Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Music Poll

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by cegusman, Feb 26, 2006.

?

Do you like country music?

1. Love it

31.8%
  2. Hate it

26.1%
  3. Can deal with it but really don't care for it

19.3%
  4. I enjoy it but don't listen to it regularly

22.7%
  1. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

Have a friend that is giving me a hard time for driving a big redneck truck and hating country music. So I need you to answer this poll so I can show her I am not the only one. I am a metal head at heart and can listen to some classic rock on occasion. So answer this poll.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2006
  2. dogdaysunrise

dogdaysunrise 1/2 ton status

all you need to do to love country is find

Truck Got Stuck by the Corb Lund Band

Play it once in your truck with your buddy and he will be find. Oh and as long as you are listening to some metal in your truck is all good. You can drive a big ol' red neck truck and listen to some good ol redneck music like Black Label Society or Pantera and no one will question a thing.

3. AZPiNsTrIpEd

AZPiNsTrIpEd 1/2 ton status

I voted for love it, but about 5 years ago i wasnt really into it it but it just grew on me.Now its really all I listen to, mostly old stuff like the Highwaymen and older George Strait

4. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I dont like the New country stuff at all. Sounds like 70s bubble gum rock muisic.
    I Like old C&W (Espically the western part), Bluegrass, and folk/balads type music

Come to think of it...... Metalica, Blue Oyster Cult, Black Sabbath, Pantera Ect aint bad either.:thumb:

BTW you need a "I like any music when I'm Nekid" choice

5. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I like every genre, but my main things are rock and punk... I listen to country sometimes, but not a whole lot...

6. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Voted for love it, but I mostly like old country, kinda like old metal, most new stuff sux......cept for Sarah Evans.

7. broc944

broc944 1/2 ton status

8. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

verily I say unto you, this poll needs a 'nekkid" option for it to be certified valid and true.

Aside from that, while I do love outlaw country and southern rock, I'm just as likely to be blasting motorhead or james brown when I'm going down the road.

Ask your friend to tell you what his favorite color is, then start giving him a hard time and drill him about why he likes it more than another given color... maybe he'll figure out that he should lighten up about subjective things.

Tom

9. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

country music is one of the very few genre's that (for me anyway) has very few redeeming qualities. There isn't a single country song I like, and having had lots of roomates in the Marines that loved country, it ain't like I never heard any. I can listen to anything from Beethoven to the Beastie Boys... but country is just terrible.

j

10. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

Speed metal only! thanks.

11. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Love it..BUT...

I love country music...but not much of what they call "country" played on the mainstream radio stations now!...I agree a lot of the songs and groups they have out now are not very country,and some of the songs are sappier than a maple tree in march...I think many of the female artists are the only ones worth listening to,like Sara Evans,Martina Mcbride,Lee Ann Womack,and a few others..and guys like Brad Paisley and Josh Turner,Alan Jackson,that still remain true to the roots of country music..I miss Hank Jr. and Alabama..

I think "country" radio needs a boot in the butt..they should be forced NOT to play the same "12 in a row" songs and artists..it reeks of payola at todays country stations..listen for a few hours,and you'll be able to tell exactly who it is they are favoring as far as airplay..they have abandoned all the "good" songs of yesteryear,and refuse to play legends like Cash,Jones,Haggard,and Willie and Waylon..

Country isn't all I listen too though..I also love Bluegrass,but I haven't listened to all that much of it other than Rhonda Vincent,Alison Krauss and Union Station,and Patty Loveless..have not had the cash to go buy too many cd's lately..many of the artists I like started out in country music,but have migrated toward Folk and Jazz,like Suzy Bogguss and Kathy Mattea..one thing I love about many female artists I like is that they can sing pretty much ANY kind of music,and sing it well,from a rocking tune,to a slow ballad..

Folk covers a wide variety of styles,as does country now..I recently heard a few songs by Robert Lee Castleman(My Life),and Slaid Cleaves(The Horshoe Lounge) and Joe Ely (All To Get To You)..I like that style of music as well..too bad I'd never hear them on the radio..I wonder how many artists had to abandon their music careers because no station would give them a break and play their songs?...:mad:

I grew up on Classic Rock during the 70's..never cared for Disco,and was smothered with it during high school..thank God for Black Sabbath, Bad Company,Areosmith,Kansas,AC/DC,and all the other rock and metal bands out then!..

But if you ask me my favorite,its (real) Country and Bluegrass,hands down..Folk second,Classic Rock third...Rap is dead last..I consider it neither "music" or "art"...its NOISE!..and annoying and vulgar to me ...:crazy:

12. spongeidys

spongeidys 1/2 ton status

when i work in the summer and someone puts on country music i always get into a huge argument cause i cant even stand the sound of it....i cant tolerate it at all

13. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

I require a nekkidness option

14. zeroz400

zeroz400 1/2 ton status

Just about all new country sucks. Its like pop music from the 90s, its terrible. The only songs i really listen to are more of a joke. Toby Keith is about the only good new country artist. I listen to a little David Allen Coe, Merle Haggard, Hank Williams Jr. etc but im mostly a alternative rock and classic rock kind fof guy.

15. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

hate the living **** out of it...

i was raised on country music back when it was decent, george straight, garth brooks, chris ledeaux, etc... but this **** theyre passing off as country anymore is horrible... i mostly listen to metal and punk nowadays... and not the metal you're thinking of.... black sabbath, ac/dc and **** like that is not metal anymore, its butt rock..... metal like remembering never, alexisonfire, bury your dead, bullet for my valentine, from autumn to ashes (their older CDs) bleeding through etc...

16. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

tell her to get on your "poll" and don't worry about what kind of music you listen to.:D

17. ChickenRammit

ChickenRammit 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

What Happens When You Play Country Music Backwards?

18. ChickenRammit

ChickenRammit 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

You Get Your House, Truck, Wife, And Dog Back.

19. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I listen to rap, rock, country, electronic.....pretty much everything with the exception of Gospel and Oldies. Yeah, I even listen to Classical. I don't have one particular type that I listen to, so I can't really vote. Besides, there isn't a nekkid option.

20. mtnman210

mtnman210 1/2 ton status

I'll listen to pretty much anything but I'd say more than anything I listen to country.