Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Music - What the frig is real these days??

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Feb 13, 2002.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I was driving home tonight, and I heard that new song by nickelhead or whatever they're called ("never made it as a blahblah, couldn't cut it as a poor man stealin"), and I'm crankin it as high as my system would without sounding really cruddy.
    I hit a preset when the songs over to go back to my usual local impersonation-of-a-country station, and I must've jabbed the wrong button without looking.

I swear I thought it was a bit making fun of retarded club music. I'm hearing this bouncy bass-y crap, and then a little girl's voice comes on singing "lalalala la la lalala la la...", so I start laughing hysterically, thinking "man, this is so funny! It sounds so dumb, but just like something I'd expect blasting from the window of a civic around here". The the la stops and some form of lyrics occur in the girls voice. I look at my radio and realize I must've somehow hit seek and bounced to the "other" music station! That crap was a real friggin song!!! Someone is actually getting paid to do that, and someone somewhere is sitting there saying, "wow, this is a phat beat" or however people talk these days.

I couldn't believe it! It sounded like a bona fide spoof song, but it was real! Dang. I'm stickin' with my George, Alan, Waylon, and Johnny... I keep getting a bad taste in my mouth from the radio... Although there is a Shakira song I want to hate, but really like...

Ratch
    CK5 album
    Your ad here.

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Not sure what your talkin' bout Ratch but I'll sen me peeps out to chigity check that out fer ya... Ahhh makes me love my gray hair and music that wasn't made by a machine YO, word to your mothers uncle, peace out...[​IMG]

<font color=blue> I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy!

3. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> 90% of the music today sucks !! There are too many no talent hacks with record labels and far too many musicians with REAL talent that can't get a break ! Music sucks that way !

L8r,
    . Riz . <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey>www.geocities.com/rizmonkey</a>

<font color=purple> monkeys steal my underwear at night

4. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

It was probably Nickelback...They suck,so does the RADIO!

Eric
    from Freekmont,CA.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.community.webshots.com/user/vwryda> Miscellaneous Debris </a>

5. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> Does anybody know how Nickleback got their name ? It's pretty lame !

L8r,
    . Riz . <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey>www.geocities.com/rizmonkey</a>

6. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

I don't listen to radio anymore. I just listen to cd's. [​IMG]

<font color=green>Can't sleep...the clown will get me</font color=green>

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.bluefox.tv/~lara>My Wonderful Site</a>

7. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

I dunno on the name, nickelback is pretty god, listen to the rest of the cd before you bash them.

As for the " la la lalalala" song on the other station, i have heard it too, and i agree with you. WTF?

-matt
    <font color=purple> "Stuff's only good for 2 things, degreasing engines and killing brain cells"</font color=purple>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/shaggyk5>www.geocities.com/shaggyk5</a>

8. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Yeah I pretty well listen to CD Other than sometimes I'll listen to Album 88 Georgia State. They play some funky stuff I like
    So I just listen to my
    Thrill Kill Kult
    Lords of Acid
    Skinny puppy
    Ministry
    M Manson
    Cure
    Smiths
    Poe
    Front 242
    Zombie
    Japan
    Sisters of Mercy
    World Party
    Chemical Brothers
    Fluke
    Floyd
    Meat Beat manifesto
    Death in Vagas
    Tom Waits
    Mr. Bungle
    Kfmdm
    Or another of my 600 CD's [​IMG]

Women dig dents and flat paint!
    coloradok5.com/gallery/Grim
    75 Jimmy, Dollar
    Grim-Reaper

9. UseYourBlinker

Story goes....The lead singer worked at a coffee shop,and when giving 5 cent's (nickel) back to a customer. He said here's your change a "Nickel Back" Ohh... That's how they came up with there sh!tty name and then came there sh!tty music!!!

Eric
    from Freekmont,CA.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.community.webshots.com/user/vwryda> Miscellaneous Debris </a>

10. UseYourBlinker

Hey Grimmy...we need to hang out and talk some music... You got some good choices!

Check out:
    hed pe
    Amen
    Downset
    Halo Grey
    20 Dead Flower Children
    Ill Nino
    Reveille
    Dog Fashion Disco
    Dry Kill Logic
    OneSideZero

Eric
    from Freekmont,CA.

11. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Haha... man that is lame. I haven't heard their album, but everything on the rock stations here suck. Either trendy new piss music, old played 200,000 times stuff from 70-90's, or just plain crap. The bebop station is on more and more in my rig just because it is different for my ears. I'll give just about any kind of music a listen... But I agree with Riz... lots of crappy overhyped bands with contracts while some really good bands can't even get a label to notice them.

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch</a>

12. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Gotta love George!! [​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>Steph's Webpage</a>
    "Grace is knowing when to be a lady and when to say "Ah, bite me, outta my way!"

13. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

the sad thing, is I think I know what song you mean.... DON'T KILL ME JUST YET! its cause I have a younger sister, who likes that crap, and I have a younger brother that keeps on changing the channel to `MTV' which plays some of the most craptacular `music' ever. I don't listen to the radio, ever if I can help it. if I want music in my car, I have a CD player, a lot of CD's, and a CD burner. people pulling up along side me are just as likely to hear Metal by Iron maiden, Morbid Angel, some techno by prodigy or aphex twin, or some classical music, such as Holst, john williams, or Yoko Kanno. (NOT Yoko Onno... ) even wierder, its just as likely to shift from deathmetal to some classical stuff, into some deep bass techno, back into metal. the radio just doesn't work for me. there's as many advertisements as music anymore ( seems every time I try to turn the radio on, I get nothing but adverts) and the music isn;t spectacular. or even ok.

-Rich

My truck isn't ugly, you have a skewed sense of beauty

<font color=blue>Its a Wheelbase Thing... You Wouldn't Understand</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>CK5 SUB-culture</font color=red>

14. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

What really kills me is the younger singers/rappers who are hitting the big times and acting like "gods" because they are rich and famous.

One person who really stands out like a sore thumb is "Lil Bow Wow". [​IMG]

That little kid is sooooo anoying and snotty.... I swear if I ever came across him, I would bitch slap him back into his mothers womb!!! [​IMG]

BTW, these younger generation singers/rappers are no different than the actors and movie stars who have hit fame early on and crashed later. Look at Gary Coleman, Danny Bonaduce, etc. etc. etc. [​IMG]

Hopefully, "Lil Bow Wow" only lasts a year or so and then hits the skids. [​IMG]

<font color=red>Only real men drive K30's!!!</font color=red> [​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/thatK30guy>The K30 Collection</a>

15. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

all they put out any more is 1 hit wonders, and quite technicaly, they don't even qualify as 1 hit wonders... 1 hit wonders will be played on the radio stations for years to come, like all those horrible 80's wonders... these will be forgotten, and burried by the end of the year.

how many people have ever heard of this band called 311? or green day? both were Uuber popular when I was in high school perhaps 5 years ago, but almost no one knows/cares about them any more. ( I hated them personaly for writing simplistic music, that all sounded the same) even marilyn Manson has lost his appeal with people... what about rappers Heavy D, and Digital underground? Sir Mix A lot who was touted as the most sexist rapper in the universe is pretty much a distant memory anymore ( I oculd be worng... I don't follow the RAP scene anymore)

&lt;&lt;editied to say I just noticed Grim still listens to Manson.... &gt;&gt;

oh well,
    stuff I tend to listen to includes:
    Dream Theater
    Crystal Method
    Iron Maiden
    Symphony X
    Nightwish
    Stratovarius
    Rhapsody
    Luca Turili
    Thunder cross
    Old Megadeth
    Manowar
    Primus
    KMFDM
    Mr Bungle
    Aphex twin
    Enya (good stuff to sleep to... works better then NyQuil)
    Holst ( classical )
    Yoko Kanno ( classical )
    etc.
    rather an odd mixture of music, from bands most people have never heard of, but it works for me...

-Rich

My truck isn't ugly, you have a skewed sense of beauty

<font color=blue>Its a Wheelbase Thing... You Wouldn't Understand</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>CK5 SUB-culture</font color=red><P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by Ddragggon on 02/13/02 12:17 PM.</FONT></P>

16. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Don't forget the Black Crowes!! [​IMG]

<font color=red>Only real men drive K30's!!!</font color=red> [​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/thatK30guy>The K30 Collection</a>

17. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> You're right .......... stupid huh ?

L8r,

18. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

IRON MAIDEN!!!! Run to the hills, Run for you life!! [​IMG]
    Good stuff!!

<font color=purple>Michelle~</font color=purple>

It's never too late to have a happy childhood[​IMG]

19. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

man if your into downset i know you like

earth crisis
    snapcase
    madball
    hatebreed
    ten yard fight
    one king down
    integrity
    pantera
    slayer
    old school metallica(one is the best song ever written[​IMG])
    avail

some good hardcore stuff...tell ya what you wanna hear some good ole Virginia metal download some Disinterment...the lead singer/bassist drives a bronco with 39.5 boggers and an excursion with 38.5 radials...

Later

Just tap it in...tappity tap tap...

20. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I guess i'm showin my age.
    Im downloading a bunch of Doors music off WinMX.
    Love her madly...............Tomorrow's Valenitnes day

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Thunders-Blaze> Blazer pics</a>

<font color=blue>Nevada... Where the pavement ends and the west begins