Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Must be a California thing.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by POWERMAD, Dec 19, 2005.

1. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

We had a lil ice storm yesterday and as usual people lost their freakin minds.
    I was on my way home from work watching out for the idiots when some
    guy in a lil car in front of me is just spinning out and going nowhere blocking traffic.
    I was thinking the fool should have chained up when I saw that he did, he chained the rear tires on a FWD car :doah: . When I seen the California plate no further explanation was needed. :crazy:

2. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

coming over the santiam pass last wednesday, a couple from california rolled their new four runner on its lid on top of the snow bank... The road road had so much lava rock i couldnt slide on my feet if i tried... no idea how they got into that position... we were first on the scene, they were alright.. little shooken up...

although people around here arent much better... This morning was slush.. and my dad said he watched a guy get stuck in the parking lot at his work..

friggin classic...

Last edited: Dec 19, 2005
  3. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

Watch out, my brother lives in Bend, he may have Oregon plates, but he's a Californian in disguise!

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

It's definately not a Cali thing because when we get our roads iced up, most of the vehicles that are off into the ditch don't belong to people from CA.....................:D

5. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

Caca

I'm sorry folks, somebody left a gate open. Our laws require they be locked-up, and if they get out, they then become criminals. By CA law, we cannot accept criminals into the state. Catche-22/no espeek inglich.

6. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Thats ok when you Oregon folks learn to drive in the slow lane when driving less than 65 and get a good grasp as to what a turn signal is all about then You may b!tch about how others drive:D
    We curse You damn "Oregon Drivers" around these parts.

p.s. Use the damn turnouts to let traffic by:mad:
    :haha: :haha: :haha:

7. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

you definatley have a good point.. Ive been tempted to pull the PIT manuver (sp?) on people that do this...

8. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Never seen a Kalifornia driver use turn signals either... dont think thats a oregon-only phenomenon. :thumb:

At least Oregonians don't poop their drawers when it rains. I remember driving back to Camp Pendleton in December of '96 in my K5 and it was raining hard on I5. LOTS of CA plates of people heading home after visiting people on x-mas. Anyway, average speed was like 30-35 mph. I was going 65 pretty much the whole way, which was good because they closed I-5 down around Stockton just after I got through there. Closed freeways... for rain? wtf?! only in CA.

of course, portland news stations did a chit load of "special reports" and "breaking news" to cover the one-half inch of snow we had sunday. Pathetic... and embarassing. lol!

j

9. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

We went to WhoSongs for lunch, it only took an hour and a half to get home, it's fun to avoid the pileups of Cali folk that scream past at a 90 honking and flashing because your in the slow lane doin 40. Only to putt past them in the ditch in almost the same position a mile later ,only now they aint honking but still flashing only red now and unwilling to make eye contact but with great determination and perserverance they still manage to have that cel phone stuck to the side of their heads...Naw, I'm not jaded...:whistle: With any luck they've now begun to run outta gas, there heaters having stopped working long ago and they have began to freeze from the fridged extremes of the 45 degree weather, Some day in the near future archeologists with uncover the deep wax shine and open the doors to find pefectly preseved silicone dummies...:D

10. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Nope, at the slightest amount of any kind of moisture on the ground here, people turn into idiot drivers. Takes at least two good days before they figure out they can't drive as fast or stop in as short a distance as when conditions are dry. People are just plain stupid everywhere. I sure wish it was confined to California, though.

John

11. badfish4tail

badfish4tail 1/2 ton status

That's my favorite day of the year when it rains.
    Bulk of my bussiness comes from that day from all the idiots crashing.
    I am in the auto bussiness and sell alot of sheetmetal:p:

12. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Ours do that when theres a 25% chance we might have wintry precipitation.....