Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Must have been over 100 trucks. [Update; some new pics]

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mountainexplorer, Mar 16, 2003.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

My friend guessed that there were at least 100 trucks and 4x4's if not more at the ORV Park over the period of today. I began inviting friends out, then made flyers, and e-mailed local 4x4 clubs about a month or two ago.

There was quite the turnout, with local clubs such as "Spokane 4-Wheelers" and "Just Internationals" (an IH 4x4 club). Plus, the usual people that go out, and all my friends and their friends...

Anyway, my truck did not so good at anything...
    Hill climbs resulted in me leaving 4 big holes dug into the wet sand near the top...but I never did make it up the big hills. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I need a locker and a better motor.

Then my radiator flew out of it's mount and into the fan...requiring me to hitch a ride home and grab another radiator and fan blade.

After that, I just basicly drove around and watched everyone else. Still was fun though.

Friends that came out included Dillon (MEPR) and his Luv, Nathan in his Yellow Suburban (and later his 4-runner after his curse hit the Suburban again), Steve and his K5, Crystelle in her Toyota, Isaiah in his Toyota, Nick in his Luv, Frank in his Suburban, Matt in his Suburban and Dave in his Suburban...etc...

My GMC

Toyota "3-Runner"

an '88 Suburban and a puddle

Dave's Suburban looking up

1st Album of Pics

2nd Album of Pics

2. schmuck

schmuck 1/2 ton status

Re: Must have been over 100 trucks... (some pics)

nice /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Looks live everyone had alot of fun.

4. mountainexplorer

I think everyone enjoyed themselves. But I had to go back out there again today to try and make my truck prove itself to me.

I just hopped in it and went out alone to the ORV park. Once I got out there, I spotted this low blue vehicle driving. I got up closer to it...and laughed when I saw it was 4 people crammed in a Geo Metro with duct tape for a rear window.

I was surprised they made it in that far. I had them follow me down to the flat are of the park, where we met up with the Geo driver's uncle and their group. They all eyed the truck and we talked about our rigs, and we all ended up going around the park together.

They challenged me to a deep puddle...and I walked through in 4-lo...then I drove through in 2 wheel drive. I pulled out a Dodge, and watched 2 others get stuck and get pulled out.. and when about 15 trucks and a big group of people were all gathered, I had to be a show off and drive through the puddle again in 2 wheel drive back and forth until I dug holes and almost hung up...then I slammed it in 4 and hit the gas and flew (an exagerated word for drove) out of the puddle. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I was then content with the truck for once. /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

Then, I was low on gas so I watched everyone else back at the flats drive through some puddle and big holes, as well as the Geo Metro spin around and climb some hills.

It was a fun day. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I only wish I brought the camera.

5. mountainexplorer

Some new pics added to the top. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif My favorite is the one of Dave's Suburban.