Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Must protect the werewolves too:

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gjk5, Oct 21, 2004.

1. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Check out this crap:

Halloween display seen as symbol of hate
    Uhuru Movement members destroy the display outside a home. The owner says it never occurred to her it would be offend anyone.
    By LAUREN BAYNE ANDERSON and LEANORA MINAI
    Published October 20, 2004

It had the face of Frankenstein and the hands of a werewolf.

Outfitted in jeans and flannel shirt, the creature - stuffed with crumpled newspaper - hung by the neck on a homemade gallows outside a home in the Allendale neighborhood.

To its owner, "Bob" was a Halloween decoration. But to Omali Yeshitela, it was a racially charged symbol of hate.

On Tuesday, as police officers on the scene scrambled to contact the homeowner at work, Yeshitela and others from the International People's Democratic Uhuru Movement tore the dummy down.

"There is no history of hanging ghouls in this country but there is a history of hanging African people," said Yeshitela, leader of the St. Petersburg-based group.

Full article:
    http://www.sptimes.com/2004/10/20/Southpinellas/Halloween_display_see.shtml

This politically correct crap is killin' me. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

"Watson told police she did not want to prosecute anyone. On Tuesday, she called Yeshitela and apologized. He accepted."

I would have pressed all charges that applied and beat their *ss if I caught those scrotes on my property.

2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Well, improperly depicting werewolves is very dishonerable

3. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I'm really sick of $hit like this. Alls I know if someone came in my yard to do what ever and I didn't want them there, they better be able to out run a bullet. I don't play that $hit. I don't care who or what you are or about your personal feelings and beliefs. Keep walking and mind you own business. I don't cry about my family's personal past hardships and loses. Get a job and contribute to the present world.

4. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i'm with you ,if people can;t handle stuff then why don;t they just off themselves instead of making everyone elses life suck? /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gifWTF??? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

5. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

I think instead of apologizing to this, this, this individual, the owner of the costume should have driven over to the idgets house and started scraping the paint off his house saying it offended his eyes and just had to go.

If you can follow that I'm amazed. /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

6. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

I wonder if the owner of the decoration had their "feelings" hurt when they found their torn down dummy?

These activist a$$holes think of no one's feelings except their own, and I'll be damned if I'm allowed to speak my opinion and offend them /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

7. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    "Watson told police she did not want to prosecute anyone. On Tuesday, she called Yeshitela and apologized. He accepted."

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF?? I've seen some stuff I find pretty disturbing on front lawns on halloween, but if I crossed the line and destroyed a persons property because of it, I sure as heck would expect that person to apologize to ME!