Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

!!!MUST READ !!! ABC 7 NEWS FOOD DRIVE!!! MUST READ !!!

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by DuneRunner, Dec 3, 2002.

1. DuneRunner

DuneRunner 1/2 ton status

Ok I don't know how to do a Poll but I got a press release from ABC 7 News. and here are the locations and times..

Monday December 16th

A. Santa Rosa
    5:45am-8:56am

B. Mt. View
    9:22am-12noon

C. San Francisco
    1:00pm-3:20pm

D. San Ramon
    2505 San Ramon Valley Rd.
    Host: Spencer Christian (the wether guy)
    3:27pm-5:40pm

(D. is the only one that I can make it to)
    I have to work. I FINALY Start my city position the 16th.

VOTE... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

would San Ramon be a "middle" area for the three captains? Who's truck is going to get loaded up? someone with a tail gate, but doesn't mind running sans top for a day?

San Ramon sounds good to me.

3. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I am driving up to Sac and Escalon and Lodi on either the 14th or 15th to pick everything up.. I am going to take a half day on the 16th to go up to you guys and drop it all off..Dan /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. DuneRunner

I think San Ramon is in the middle for everyone.
    And that gives people the chance to get off work kinda early if they have to. And mob over. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

If I get the donations I asked for today (Smart & Final and Costco) you guys might be needing two trucks to make the deliveries! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

6. gokartergo

If it comes to that I have a trailer I could use...Thanks Dan

7. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

i gotta know your secrets, i got a decent amount, but not a whole truck load on my own. What are you doing? writting a letter? know some people who work there?

8. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Can't make any of them.. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

9. ChevyCaGal

Well they didn't guarentee me anything but they've always help me in the past so I am hoping...

Honestly my secret is it's what I do for a living. I am used to going into businesses/organizations and asking for things to help parents out. It's like second nature to me now. But when I first started this let me tell you it was hard! You just gotta go in ask for a manager, tell em what you are doing and why. But at the same time make it brief and clear. The more you talk the more they tune out. Not too mention if you are like me you will ramble on and say something stupid if you keep blabing! If they say no, thank them anyhow, leave a letter (something I am working on tonight) in case they change their mind and move on (if you are really polite when they say no and thank them, it's funny I often get calls from them after they read over the material because they changed their minds over how I handled myself). If they say yes, ask them what they have in mind and what time to get it works best for them. I found it easist here to do this because afterall they are giving to help you, working to make it easier for them is a good way to show thanks. I have found that you need to look neat and clean, dressed nice, but not overkill. You don't need to dress formal, but no jeans, tennis shoes or baseball caps (if you have a NCBD shirt that'd be cool since it is the organiztion you are from). The best thing you can do is have a letter on hand providing information to back up who you are what you want. That's the number one reason for not getting something. People are always out there to pull a scam. If you can provide info that makes it clear for them to understand who you are and you are honest they'll help. That includes phone numbers, maybe an address and other info such as this website. Anyhow like I said I am working on a letter. I just gotta get some more info first. When I finish it I'll pass it onto you... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

10. ChevyDrivnRdneck

ChevyDrivnRdneck 1/2 ton status

If needs be, I can help transport if the needs be. I have a 95 long bed and a trailer if needs be. Just thought I'd offer. /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

11. gokartergo

Allright your Orange...Welcome..

12. ChevyDrivnRdneck

Thank you sir!!!!! Should be official with NCBD here soon too, depends on that wonderful USPS though. /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

13. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Hey ya made it...Cool always nice to see new Chop material...Opps I mean new faces...LOL
    I might take you up on the golf thing too...

14. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Did I read the word golf? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. ChevyDrivnRdneck

Thanks, and ok. I should be coming up with Blazer88K5 to see ya with his cans. Be prepared!!!! to see one big ugly guy..... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

16. ChevyDrivnRdneck

Yeah, my uncle has a golf course in the wopping metropolis of Farmington. 9 hole Iron course.

17. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

i think you might get more donations if you had a rack!

18. DuneRunner

LOL.... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. CRAWLIN70

CRAWLIN70 1/2 ton status

hey boone wtf! where the hell have you been? i am still in escalon. stop on buy and i will buy you a beer! i am always out at my dads place building my new rig.

jeff /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

20. ChevyCaGal

You're actually right to a degree. I'm not some freaking hot chick so I know I don't get stuff based on looks... but one summer we were getting donations for a camp I worked for and the guys would go in and get shot down... next day another girl and me would and we'd walk out with tons of stuff... guess we looked more like we needed the stuff? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif