Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Must see webpage for an Oil filter study, especially if you use Fram filters

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 82K5, Jun 1, 2000.

1. 82K5

82K5 1/2 ton status

I came across this URL to a site for a study on oil filters. I have been using Fram oil filters for 15 years and reading this guys info on what he found when he took these filters apart has made me want to puke. You can copy and paste the URL. No wonder they spend so much on advertising.

http://minimopar.simplenet.com/oilfilterstudy.html

Phil in K.C.

2. BB454

BB454 1/2 ton status

Thanks Phil - It was quite a eye-opener to read this. I only use K&N oil filters in my Chevy's but next time I will buy 2 and cut one open just to see what I place my trust in. FRAM is one of the mayor names in my country and is used in my own workshop frequently.

BB454
    IF IT DOES NOT HAVE 8 PISTONS - IT'S BROKEN !

3. J.R.

J.R. Guest

THANKS FOR THE INFO ON THIS SITE,I THINK EVERYONE SHOULD READ THAT REPORT!!!!

BIGBLOCK MAN

4. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

I saw that site a while back, and now I have to chuckle a little every time I hear that Fram commercial that says "you have to pay a little more to get quality".

Tim

1970 Blazer CST 4X4 350 SM465 NP205
    1987 Suburban 4X4 350
    1988 Chevy Pickup 4X4 350