Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My $.02 about ORD

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ou8mud2, Mar 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ou8mud2

ou8mud2 Banned

I placed an order last friday for a crossover steering set-up for my 60. They told me a week to ship, so it would be here today.Awesome. Told the secretary I'd call on Sat to confirm a card #.She said they usually don't do orders on Sat, but she was going to be in. Cool. So I call on Sat and get to talk to Mr.watson himself. Obviously I caught him on a bad day because about 5 mins into the phone call he hung up on me. Not 10 mins later he calls back very apologetic and confirms the order, he said they were waiting for a UPS shipment so it should go out monday.Fine. I call tuesday afternoon to see if it's shipped, not yet, call me back a couple hours later to tell me it's shipped.Fine. While on the phone asked them for a tracking #,no problem i'll email it to you.Great. No email stiil today,after sending them a email yesterday requesting my tracking #.Bummer. I love their products, and I understand they're busy right now. I guess I'm one of the unlucky ones. No parts and still waiting to here anything.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2007
  2. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

So what's the problem?

3. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

X2.

Call again to get a tracking number.

4. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

We should have a post titled "My problem with people who air their every complaint about Vendors in the Garage because they won't even pony up for a membership....."

5. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

ooohh! Feeling a little tense today?:D

ou8mud2. I run my own business, nothing like the scale of theirs, and things can get pretty manic sometimes. I can tell you that I, as have many others here, had excellent service from ORD. They went above and beyond helpfull when I need a bunch of parts delivered 2nd day air to tie up with me being in the country. I know their email replies are often a bit lacking so do it on the phone. Have a little faith, you'll end up with a top product too.

6. BizeeB65

BizeeB65 1/2 ton status

x2. Granted, good customer service keeps customers, but they make specialty parts for a small market. I dont see them having 30 people answering the phone, taking orders, and responding to emails around the clock.

PS - you complained about them in a forum they sponsor, and you dont have a membership. Superb. You've gotta pay to complain on this site! :deal:

7. MuddinManny

MuddinManny Banned

Not trying to come down on ya but try to understand that there would be no way that UPS could deliver a package shipped out on Monday from Colorado, and get it delivered to Ohio by Friday, ground service. That's a tough bill. ORD has a good reputation for delivering quality parts so a little patience will go a long way and you'll be happy. I too had my differences with ORD, but I've grown a little and have realized I, in certain circumstances, may have been a little quick on the trigger finger. I firmly believe you'll get the parts you've ordered and you'll be happy. Hang in there.

Manny

8. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Not really, but I do get tired of people posting their "I don't have any big girl pants" rants in the Garage. Especially when its A) a free membership B) a Vendor who supports this site (unlike the person referred to in "A") and C) there is a complete lack of understanding of the points that you made which are very well put.

If people want to bitch to ORD in public, there is a forum for that. Funny, it has the name ORD in the title.

9. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yeah I know, I was only kidding. :D

10. miniwally

miniwally 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Did they teach puncuation and proper sentence structure last year in fifth grade?

A week to ship means that it will leave their hands in one week, not arrive at your door step with a pit crew to install it so you can sit on your couch and bitch about it on the internet.

Give them a call. and try supporting the site :rolleyes: .

11. Chaddy

Chaddy 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Well put!

I will always recommend ORD.

12. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

ORD is a shop that caters to Chevy guys and is one of the best all-around "good guy" shops to deal with. YOu have to remember that this is not Summitracing.com or Jegs they aren't all computerized and such. I'm glad they aren't.

Call for a tracking number. Get a membership. Redeem yourself.:D

13. k5s10

k5s10 Registered Member

I ordered my D60 crossover from them about a month ago,they said they didnt have the ARP steering arm studs and they were on back order and may take 3 weeks to get them in,so I ordered w/o them and had my kit in a few days.
    ORD has always had excellent customer service and has taken time to answer any questions I have had.Be patient and you will get some badass parts for your truck.

14. i_4x4

i_4x4 1/2 ton status

You may take into consideration Getting ready for EJS.

15. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

I think you came off a tad hard, but your right in what you say about shipping. i see a few problems..

business..
    -smaller opperation "not a summit racing company"
    -cater to a smaller crowd

buyers
    -use to corperate customer service
    -save up, finally order a product and are excited and want it now!

I own a small business, i learned the hard way if im behind or crap goes wrong to call my customer. but where ord gets some credit is they have alot of customers and your ordering products for a small market..

I dont think youu should take easter jeep safari into cosideration unless they post it up, just like the holidays, if things will be effected..let people know!

overall ord has supported this site, its members, our events such as blazer bash, both stephan and miniwally have been contributers to this site in a positive way.. when i called his shop when i was just 16 he was nice, exsplained thing and treated me like an adult. I like that and buyers should too.

there are others who have felt burned or wont by from ord, some locals who i know feel that way, but as long as that service in the minority and not the norm..i would say its a good thing:wink1:

16. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

Sorry but if the owner of a company is a dick and hangs up on me he can blow a goat, Ill go elsewhere regardless of how many people are riding his nuts.

Is it ok for me to say that since I pay my $25?

17. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

I can smell a locked thread a coming :p:

18. supersize75k5

i think its ok to say that reguardless..

i just think you get more respect if your a member...changes the perspective weather its right or wrong i cant say...the joy of a free enterprise system..

19. miniwally

miniwally 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Since I happen to know the owner pretty well I am going to go out on a limb and say the hang up was accidental.

This is the same exact BS that goes on here all of the time. Someone gets their panties in a twist because they don't feel like they are getting what they hear on the phone etc. Then the whole this company sucks band wagon starts all the while there is another side to the story that nobody ever hears.
    I don't care if it's Jegs, summit, ORD, DIY4x4 or autozone etc. each one of them is in the same position on this board, they can be flamed for some wrong doing to a customer. Keep in mind this is usually a one sided story and the vendor is always the bad guy.

I don't ride any vendors nut's it's just not my style. But I also don't avoid a vendor just because some unknown to me person can't manage to listen and pay attention in a phone converstaion.
    IMO the way a person types or speeks is a direct correlation to their personality. This guy has been around for three years has 14 posts and wants to start this. Pretty poor form in my book.

20. supersize75k5

IMO the way a person types or speeks is a direct correlation to their personality. "

lol your quote right there tellms me im screwed:haha: i cant type for a damn when i rush..

good points made..also the beauty of this and other boards is there is always some other side and other customers who have had good service..that can get shared as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.