Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

my 1970 1/2 ton 2x4 P/U up for grabs.. cheap... **PICTURES ADDED**

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by chevyracing, Dec 21, 2002.

1. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

I have a 1970 1/2 ton 2 wheel drive with no engine for sale.... It has a 3 on the tree and is complete except for the engine. It is a V-8 truck and is not an a/c cab. The body is in good shape, the bed is in amazing shape. There is a little rust on the typical areas of the cab. The cab supports are good, the front fenders are excellent, the hood is excellent, and the grill is in great shape. All electrical worked good and is not hacked up. It does not have power brakes. It has a wood bed floor. It has coil spring suspension. It has white spoke wheels and 6 lug hubs.

The truck drove good before I took out the engine. It did not wander all over the road.

I live in Eastern Colorado off of I-70 at the 383 mile marker in Arriba, Colorado.

I will not part out at this time. This truck is an excellent candidate for a restore or just drop in an engine and drive it.

I am asking $250.00 bucks for the truck as is where is. You can email me at chevyracing72@earthlink.net if interested.

John

I have added some photos. I am trying to make sure all questions are answered. The truck has a couple of flats so it is not sitting level. There is some SURFACE rust on the bed that is sanded off easily. The cab supports look good. The top of the bed rails are as straight as can be and the inside of the bed is not dented.

John

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Re: my 1970 1/2 ton 2x4 P/U up for grabs.. cheap...

Is it a long or short box?

3. chevyracing

Long box

4. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

damn i would like the body to put on my blazer frame!!

5. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

If I bought it, could I keep it at your place for about a month??

6. chevyracing

That would not be a problem.....

John

7. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

John, Mama said NO more projects until I get the 72 Chevelle running. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Due to budget constraints the possibilty of another project truck has been shot down.....(Mrs. MOABDADC22) /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. chevyracing

No sweat Bob, it is a project.... I am overwhelmed with people wanting parts off of it. Some of them have offered me more for the parts than I am asking for the whole truck. I just don't have time to mess with taking them off and shipping them and then being stuck with a frame and pile of metal. I got an 88 Camaro just the other day from a guy at work that I need to have ready for the drag strip by May so that is taking up my free time. Since I got promoted to Sergeant I got moved to graveyards for further training (isn't law enforcement great) and I am dead during the days.......

John