Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My 1st attempt at bending, welding and grooving!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by SCOOBYDANNN, Dec 21, 2002.

1. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

Well, it isn't exactly 4x4 iron quality, but give me time. It was my first time actually bending and welding (yes there are some boogers and thats why there isnt any closeups. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and some tire grooving pics----i got the design off of POR and used the ideal tire groover w/ the big grooves being #5 and the smaller being #2. it was REAL easy to groove the tires jusst took a little while and cleanup wasn't exactly "fun".

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Looks real good, Dan!! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

BTW, I like that pic of the kitty in your avatar!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

I really dig the bumper /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif, that is exactly what I have been trying /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif to make (minus the brackets to make up for the body lift).... Wanna make me one? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Are you going to put a skid plate on there now?

6. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

you did a great job on it ill give it 2 /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif up /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

7. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

first time bending /welding?...i dont buy that!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

For a first time or 100th time that looks KICK A$$--You need to start up side business making bumpers /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Eric /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

9. FWP

FWP CRS

Exxxxelent

Chile Challenge is coming up, Maybe the 3 Amigos from AZ can come check it out /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif. I would like to see that Big Dawg in person, and on the trail /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

10. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

dam that thing looks mean!

11. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Thats a great job bending even for a veteran. Everything looks proportional. which bender are you using, JD2? If so, don't you love augmenting by 3/4" !

12. HispanicPanic

HispanicPanic 1/2 ton status

the only reason it turned out so good is cuz i supervised the whole job /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

13. VisionxOrb

VisionxOrb 1/2 ton status

Thats a way good looking bumper... I want one like that for me, seems true prerunner style bumpers are hard to come by for our trucks...interested in building another?

14. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

looking good!

15. Tybee

Tybee 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifLooks good!

16. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I've been working at a fabrication shop for about 3-4 months and have been sitting on the sidelines (watching EVERYTHING, and building the little stuff like brackets and such)and this was the first time i get to show off what ive learned. we use a JD2 bender w/ the 4' cheater bar. the bottom bar and hoop are 2" .090 and the side bars are 1 3/4 .120 (just used what was availible).

I'm trying to get a web site (like the one we have for our club) for the shop but cant find anything as user friendly as ours. (alloffroad.com) <font color="red"> if anyone knows of one please let me know (free or REAL cheap is a plus) </font color> if we get enough interest we'll start advertising on CK5. Local guys like the traction bars and pre-runners so latley we have done a lot of those but we do A LOT of different stuff.

17. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Looks very good. I like the full camo, too.

18. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Nice job man. It doesn't matter what the wekd LOOKS like as long as you've got good penitration amd its consistant.

19. desertrat67

desertrat67 Hawk Driver

Pretty sweet looking Dann. Probably give you a call today and see if I can come have a look.