Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

my 1st drag races this weekend

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BranndonC, Feb 19, 2004.

1. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

i'm heading to the winternatinoals this weekend, sunday actually, its my 1st time going, so it's gonna be a blast /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Walk up to the nitro burning Dragsters and take a big ol whiff! Nothing like the smell of nitro! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif
    I love going to the drags... Last time i was there i stood at John Force's trailor and watched them tear the engine apart and rebuild it in the 45 minutes they have in between rounds. Then they fire it up for a minute or two- Nothing like the feeling of when they Blip the throttle when your standing right next to it.You can feel the shock wave of 6500 Horsepower go through your body.. /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif Makes ya wonder what it would be like to drive one of those things! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    Then John Force came out and signed autographs. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. camok5

camok5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Hey your going to love it, I have been down to Pomona a hundred times. I sugest you go really early because Sunday gets packed fast. My favorite day to go is Saturday because there are more races for qualifing. Let me know what time you are going because my brother and I might go also... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

4. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

tickets are for sunday, leaving at like 8 am to get there, seats are
    section 10
    row 24
    seats 1 & 2

5. marine_enlisted

marine_enlisted 1/2 ton status

It is an awesome experience. I have been to drags at Topeka and Brainerd. I love watching the pit crew work. I also like watching "tough guys" stand there and cough and cry from the fumes when they fire up the cars. I always try not to flinch when they blip the throttle, but I can never control it, they always make me jump. When the cars go down the track, it feels like someone is drumming on your chest and your vision blurs. Highly reccommended./forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

6. camok5

camok5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

It is pretty much first come for seating. Unless you are sitting on the other side of the track or near the staging area. Leaving at 8 is ok but you will have to park far away. The fastest way to get there is go the 101 to the 134 to the 210 to the 10 and once you get on the 10 stay in the slow lane because its the first exit.

7. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Awesome man! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif Have a great time! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

8. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    watched them tear the engine apart and rebuild it in the 45 minutes they have in between rounds.

[/ QUOTE ]

45 minutes? /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif now that's talent!

9. JIM88K5

JIM88K5 1/2 ton status

Your gonna trip on the fuel cars /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif Roll through the pits and watch them tear down and reassemble a motor, set up the clutch fire it off (now I got wood). The nitro cars are unbufuckinliveable, over 9000 horses on tap /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif Oh yea and the chicks /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif Sucks not to be you...