Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My 1st trip

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by milehighz28, Oct 14, 2002.

1. milehighz28

milehighz28 Registered Member

Well, my 1st 4 wheelin trip started off bad. Truck started running like sh*t 100 yards from the house. I decided to keep on truckin anyway, hoping it was bad gas. Nope........but anyway, went out to Webster Pass. It was a fun trail, not very challenging to the truck. Easy going until (I think it was Radical Hill?) I got above the timber line. That is when things got scary. [​IMG] About 1/4 mile ahead of this, snow started to accumulate on the left side of the trail. Started to slide a bit in this. Then, about 1/2 mile ahead of that, the road was choked with snow. So I had to BACK down through all of this, with a drop off bigger than this staring at me the whole way! [​IMG] That was a bit nerve racking, but I lived. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif After that we stopped and camped in the back at about 9k feet. [​IMG] Lot of fun. But back to the crappy running truck.....I think the timing slipped. Below 3k RPM, it would just sputter, above that it would accelerate, but htere was still somthing obviously wrong. Sound like timeing to you guys?? Thanks,

Jeff

2. SHINTON

SHINTON 1/2 ton status

Did the truck run better after it warmed up? Mine gets really cranky when cold but usually better as the day goes on. Esp if it has been sitting awhile, I think it could be carb kinda screwing with me.

I aint no expert so I really cannot help but i did like the pics!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif