Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

my 6 year old take on protesters- and the war

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MudNurI, Mar 22, 2003.

1. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

went for a walk with the 6 year old today. Very quick thinker she is.....she's been asking me A LOT about Iraq, Afganastan- 9-11 etc... I dont hold anything back from her, but try to explain in terms a 6 year old can understand. She asks a lot of questions, and wants answer's, not just a 'because'. I've tried to shield her from the TV- she does watch MSNBC with me now and then, however she's not glued to it....remember- she's only 6.

On 9-11, she watched MSNBC with me, and was very entralled with what was going on, who did it, why did they do it etc....then as well, I explained it in 6 year old terms.

Today- we were walking down the street, and came across some war protesters. they were chanting, and yelling, and had their signs. She reads at 3rd grade leval, so she was able to read all of there signs.

One sign said "Dubya Done U.S. wrong". Being as she knows "dubya" was there for Bush, she turned and looked at me and said "mom whats that mean?"...I was dumfounded...not too sure what to say to her, she hadnt seen or asked about protesters before. I said, well some people feel that we should not be in Iraq, and that President Bush made the wrong decision.

She turns around....walks up to the guy holding the sign- puts her hands on her hips and says

"Excuse me sir, I dont like your sign, Mr. Bush may not always make the right decisions, but we need to remember that if we are ever live our lives like we did before nine eleven, we need to take care of business in Iraq. My mom said that it's okay for us not to agree with Mr. Bush, so it's okay that you dont. But I want you to remember how you felt on September 10th, and then again on September 12th. And please remember the "army people" who are in Iraq....They are there so we can be safe"

I just stood there, DUMBFOUNDED...my 6 year old never stops amazing me. The guy bent down next to her and said...Your right sweetie, one day we will be safe, I only wish we could have done it differently....but your a very bright girl, so you go ahead and keep your feelings strong!"

She said "thank you sir, have a nice day"....and away we went on our walk.

Brandy

2. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Now that is cool.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

she never stops amazing me...The things she comes up with- quicker than sh*t....she can really think and speak on her toes, but she does so very politely- even though she didnt like that guys sign, she was very polite when speaking to him...now the 5 year old probably would have kicked him in the knees.

4. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Very nice!

[ QUOTE ]
    She reads at 3rd grade leval, so she was able to read all of there signs

[/ QUOTE ]
    I like that line...

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    she was very polite when speaking to him...now the 5 year old probably would have kicked him in the knees.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Well, y'all gots yourself a tag team there. Have the 6 year old come in, sweet talk them, then unleash the 5 year old on them. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I was hoping she'd spit in his face or gave him the finger.

8. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    Why?

9. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously, she's been raised to respect other people's feelings and beliefs..it'd be a real cold day in H*ll before either of my kids did anything as disrespectful as that.

But case in point- my 6 year old has more understanding of the workings of the world than some people 2 or even 5 times her age....

10. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

damn thats cool!!

11. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Now THAT's a real, all-American girl!!

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

12. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

that is truely awsome /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

13. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Wow!

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

14. speedup

speedup Registered Member

Give that girl a pat on the back for me. Then give yourself a pat on the back for raising her right! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif