Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My 70 Buick Skylark

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by KevinsK5, May 17, 2006.

1. KevinsK5

KevinsK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Heres my 70 Buick Skylark. Built on the same chassis as a chevelle, lemans, cutlass. I built this car when I was 15. It had the engine/trans and the paint job when I got it, I did the rest. It was abandoned on a storage lot and I got it for $300. A bond title and $4K later here it is. 455 Buick w/cam and headers, TH-350 w/2500 converter and shift kit, factory NON c-clip 8.5 10 bolt w/posi and 3.42's. It runs high 13's at 95 mph. I did have moral support from my dad when building it, but he didn't fund anything on it. I worked my @$$ off for two summers to pay for it. Does great burnouts with the foot brake but I wish I had a line lock. Kevin

P9250090.JPG

P9250091.JPG

2. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

that first pic looks familiar, were you in the burnout section of carcraft? nice skylark by the way, i had a 67' lark. very nice cars.

3. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Purty A-Body ya got ther man . Look for mine in the next two years :D

4. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    Nice!!! I always liked the skylarks and GS.

5. 77blazin

77blazin 1 of a kine K5

Kevin,
    Damn nice car!!!
    Thats how I got started in engine and body work, also in my teens my first car a 1970 GSX Saturn Yellow my father had given me for my 17th birthday, it was one of a kind with scoops GS 455 engine, big bugga motor, the only thing I couldn't figure out was why they put the rpm tach on the hood.
    Otherwise after 13 years of use and keeping it original, a collector in muscle cars from the mainland had interest and offered a trade for a 88 K/5 Silverado in brand new shape plus $$$ for the GSX.
    It took me months to answer and I took the deal.
    And I'm not shamed that I did, I hope it found a better home then here in Hawaii, it was hard to maintain with the salt air here.
    Mike

6. KevinsK5

KevinsK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Yes the top pic was in car craft a couple months ago. Pauly what drivetrain is goin in your Chevelle? Thanks for the words, glad to see theres Buick fans here too. Usually people think my car is a chevelle (god forbid :D). 4 wheelin and Blazers are a new thing for me. Muscle Cars have always been my thing. I'm pretty stoked about building a Blazer...........now I just gotta start the building part. Kevin

7. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

nice, looks like a fun car

8. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

mmmmm sweet car. Did you rebuild the 455? any hint tricks or little things you may have learned. I have a 455 going in my blazer