Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My 75 K-10

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by conoverbandit, Nov 9, 2003.

1. conoverbandit

conoverbandit 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The second pic you can notice my grille, that's what happens when a chain breaks and comes flying back into ya! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

This thing started life as a C-10 truck 6cyl, My neghibor bought it and put in 350. It set and set and set after he bought his new dakota (cheaper milage).My other neghibor got it and again set for a while, then his son decieded to move and drove heck out of it till it fried! I've not heard too many 350's you could fry bacon on, but that one ya sure could. Then my dad got it and yup you guessed it .......set again, I got the 350 fixed (or so I thought) then I got it !! Drove her for a while and decieded I wanted a 4x4 but could'nt find one I could afford.............so I found the worst looking truck I could and bought it. Stripped the body and set mine on the frame /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif It took the wife and me (yes fella's I said wife she like's to work on vehicles too /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif) any who it took like 13 weekends to get this thing together and running.I just painted it my self this summer, My first paint job /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif got a few boo boo's in it but it looks alot better then the silver and rust that was covering it.

Specs:

Tired 350
    Th 350 just rebuilt and installed shift kit, HD everything
    HD trans cooler,(A/C rad.cut into 2 parts and used half )
    3 in. Body lift
    33/12.50/15 White letter tires on 10X15 chrome mods.
    Custom tail light guards
    Winch bumper w/ramsey 5000 (for now)
    "Big rig" bumper guides (so I can see where it going lol)
    "Cab roof lights"
    (5) 100 watt off road lights up stairs ( to help spot the cows when they get out)
    Bed top rails (modified from a 2001 chevy pickup)
    Rancho dual stabilizer
    Rancho RS5000's just got them 2 weeks ago! (plus my newest addition)
    Roll bar from a 71 /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.giford pickup. (going to build one like I want soon, this is just temp.

Okies that's all I can think of now, sorry to be so long winded, got a ton of more mods. to do yet, but it'll have to wait till spring time, (I don't have a garage that it will fit into)

What cha think so far???

Thanks,

2. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Well I like it....

3. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

cool truck! i like the bumper giudes idea..may try that on my truck, i find myself in a lot of those guessing situations..

4. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

Wayne nice looking truck. Now we just got to get that 89 K5 you just got fixed up. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

when are the tractor tires going on it? I see you have one ready for a test fit /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif