Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

my 77 k10

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by R77K10, Apr 30, 2006.

1. R77K10

R77K10 Banned

well heres a coupel pics i just snapped of my 77 cheyenne a minute ago in between rain spells, i may take some more pics, dunno

this is the rig i picked up for 700 bucks that was in the local paper

and this is now after cleaning it up some(yeh it needs more cleaning up) and after chucking the aftermarket aluminum directionals and 33" off it in favor of stock rallies and 31"

it is a very good running driving truck it drives real easily and solid and i drive it pretty much every day unless its not a nice day out,

although the th350 lost its third gear recently, but oh well, stuff happens, that will be an easy fix for the most part, th350 arent rare or anything, so thats good, cant tell in the pic but the truck sits higher off the ground IRL, you can tell if you look under the front bumper all that clearance there, the camera is wierd like that, something to do with the distance, dunno,

i have the dash bezel out of it for now til i figure out the fuel guage issue, and it has some rust although not as much as it should have for being where it is

the bucket seats are out of something i have no idea what, the PO put them in it just before i bought the truck, they have a fold down arm on them,

i was thinking s-10 ones, but they dont have an arm on them, so hmm..
    but they are damned comfortable!
    so im leavin them :D never had a full size with buckets before, its different but neat i got used to it real quick like

around here it is very uncommon to spot an old truck like this, i constantly see ppl stopping what they are doing to turn and look at the truck and just watch it as it goes by

im leaving it all factory stock, no modifications, whatever i do to it will only be to replace things that are missing or broken with factory correct pieces, the mirrors i removed cuz i dont like mirrors much at all, too clunky, the trim work on it is the yellow 77 style which i like and is even harder to find an example of around here, very uncommon, and is the last year of the old style steering wheel in which i prefer also, i also like the woodgrain style interior that these have
    i still prefer first gen trucks and especially 68's and i miss having them but i like this truck alot too

stuffapril30 001.jpg

stuffapril30 002.jpg

stuffapril30.jpg

Last edited: Apr 30, 2006
  2. sikZ28

sikZ28 1/2 ton status

That looks like a nice score. :D

too bad about the tranny tho', shouldnt be too tuff to replace. :laugh:

3. GotLabs

GotLabs 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Good looking truck, other than the smiley face chain up front.

4. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

neat!..

Not bad for a 77 in the rust belt!.:laugh: ...I liked the 400 SB I had from a 79 burb I put in my 74 K20..lots of torque at low end,and it actually got about the same gas mileage as my 305 in my 79 C10 if you kept your foot off the secondaries in the carb!...I recently sold it cheap though,had to pay bills..I couldn't see scrapping it with the rest of the truck...

Those seats look like Dodge Caravan ones ,but they would have a "drawer" under the pasenger side one(unless they are removeable from the seat)..

I put some of those Caravan seats in a friends C10,and I also put a pair of Mercury Topaz buckets in my 74,by using the tracks off the old bench seat,and welding an angle iron reqtangale onto them to bolt the seats too...they both slid back and forth at once,like a bench seat did..nobody rides in my truck very often,and most passengers have plenty of room,since I have the seat all the way back,being 6'4" tall...

The seat backs are a bit straighter than I'd prefer,but I'd have to stretch the cab to remedy that situation..still pretty comfy though...I used a Cavalier steering wheel to gain a few inches to miss my belly though,the stock wheel was cracked and too large..

I made a crude "console" out of plywood to go between the seats,and hold my winch remote,and a ton of other junk that usually clutters up the cab..I saved the bucket seat setup,they are maroon, and so are both of my trucks interiors..tempted to swap them in one of them!

I hope trucks in your area dont rust as fast as they do here...my 79 was pretty minty 3 years ago when I got it,it had never seen snow!(landscaper's truck,he drove a 4x4 plow truck in snowy weather,and parked the C10 all winter since new!~)......already there are a few spots you could poke a finger through on the bottom of the rear wheel wells..:doah: :mad: -and I hardly drove it at all during the winters ..I hate living in this place..its like pouring battery acid on your vehicles,and watching them dissolve..
    :crazy:

5. R77K10

R77K10 Banned

lolll
    no they rust horribly here too trust me, haha
    rear hweel wells with holes ? shyt thats nothin man, lol
    ill have to take you some pics of REAL rust,
    not this 77 though,

my stepdad has an 80 k-20 and it has no bed floor at all, it happens all the time
    and ive owned many that had no cab floor left and cab sunk onto the frame rails and just sits on there,
    drove a few like that but the cab floats around on you when you turn corners, the last one i had like that was a 78 C30, before that a 78 C10

could do the fred flinstone in them, very easily

real rust

one big reason why less than 30% of the vehicles in this state are not older than 95

this 77 is damn clean compared to typical around here
    you have no idea
    this one has arches and everything in which is damn rare to see

gets good gas mileage, it uses alot less than i was expecting, i hardly ever put any gas in it and when i do i dont put much in it and keeps on going and going on it

there is enough room under the front of these seats to have had a drawer humm

they could be caravan ones, hmm

very possible

ill have to check that out

the PO mounted them with lengths of not very big angle iron

if someone is interested to see how they mounted them then i can pic it all

did a pretty damn good job for an old rig

i have to drive with seat all the way back too, to the cab wall,
    and thats with all vehicles, they dont build vehicles for taller ppl in mind, thats for sure lol

hey wait ill pic you the 91 s-10 real quick, it has some real rust

bbiab

hmm

6. R77K10

R77K10 Banned

here some real rust on a typical 91 vehicle around here, not alot and is normal stuff,
    but is a good start, you dont want to see the spindles and rotors and calipers, huge chunks of iron rusting off them, literally crumbling apart,
    common occurance here with bare iron outdoors it will eat away til its gone, even daily drivers, and im talking the big iron parts, not jut little bolts or something, iron rot real bad,

ill find some real examples and pic them, like i said most of the examples get taken to the shredder especially now that scrap prices are high at the shredder, so its not as common to see the typical rust stuff around anymore

but a few years ago, it was all over the place

rust 001.jpg

rust 002.jpg

rust 003.jpg

7. zeroz400

zeroz400 1/2 ton status

I should take some pics of my S10, its swiss cheese man. I can lift up the rear corner of the bed cuz theres no body mount there anymore. One day me and my step dad were outside, we heard something hit the ground by the s10, crawled under and found a body mount :haha: Its been sitting in the front yard for about a year now so now the fuel, brake lines are prolly rotting away. Its an 87 by the way.

8. R77K10

R77K10 Banned

this s10 is the same way too the floor is barely there and the bed hops around driving around

all the supports are gone

have had a few trucks like this, cabs, beds, front clips, all just sit on the chassis :D

why do you think i took the bed off the 88 toyota pickup of mine

had no choice

youre in IL too so you know how it is for sure :D

always wet and high humidity plus salt all winter and so forth

man youre going to sweden soon, thats crazy cool as hell! killin me over here ive never even seen a sea or a beach ever, lol i think such things are myths, cant possibly exist, hmm

have some fun :D

heh :P