Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My 79 C-10 is for sale....

Discussion in 'New England Region' started by diesel4me, Jul 19, 2006.

1. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Anyone need a truck??....I'm broke,need cash bad!..if I want to keep my other 4x4 and my car,I need MONEY to pay insurance bills and other expenses..no job= no cash,and I cant live on nothing!...:(

Truck is a 1979 C10 2wd,with an 8' Fleetside bed,has an '86 305 V8 from a van in it..motor had a new timing chain and gears,oil pump and steel drive collar,oil pan and gasket all replaced when installed..runs good,it does puff when first started,but doesn't use oil..truck has 118,000 original miles,engine has about the same...body is real decent for its age,hardly any rust for a new england truck of this vintage,though it has a few spots that could use some work --not mint,but not a rotbox either!..has the original TH350 tranny..truck was a six cylinder originally...has a 12 bolt rear end,gear ratio unknown--probably 3.08's...

I'm asking 1000 bucks--I have it on "craigslist" advertised for 1200 bucks,but will take the best offer...I like the truck,its my usual daily driver,but I see no sense in keeping it if I cant even afford to buy gas,never mind pay for insurance,only to let it sit!...I need my 82 4x4 more,it plows my yard,etc,and my car,that gets 30+ mpg,more than I need a 2wd truck!...

This truck would be great for daily chores,hauling a slide in camper (has 3/4 ton leafs in the rear) or other uses,and it gets about 15 mpg..has an Edelbrock Performer 600 CFM carb with manual choke...decent rubber,aluminum mags..the dash pad is cracked to hell though,and the door panels could use paint..all glass is good..

I have some parts that go with it,like extra tires,chrome diff cover,and a new front brake hose I haven't gotten around to installing( I did one side already,but not the other)...the tilt wheel could use tighening up,I never bothered trying to do it myself .(never did one yet!)..I have a non tilt colum if desired I'll toss in free..

Truck just passed inspection in April easily..no other problems,front end is tight,good brakes,etc...

I'm hoping someone here on CK5 will give it a good home...I cant ship it,so thats why I posted it here on the "New England" board,hoping someone "local" might want it....:crazy:

2. Chevy305

Chevy305 6 Lug 14bsf Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

3. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

maybe...

I'm trying to figure out how to post pictures of it here,by using my scanner to scan a snapshot...but so far I'm having no luck,the scanner isn't working..--probably not compatible with this computer...:mad:

I don't have a clue how to post pictures using a digi-cam,plus I don't own one..everything I have for sale would be long gone,if I could post pictures...:( ..every reply I've gotten to my ads are "got pictures?"...:surepal: ..

I have a custom built dash from my 74 K20 I'm sure someone here would buy,if only I could show them what it looks like,among other things..also have a NP205 with a TH350 adapter from that truck,a brand new front driveshaft,(never installed,for the old style T-case yoke with 4 threaded holes),and lots of other stuff..

I owe over 300 bucks for insurance,and lots of other bills keep piling up...so everything I'm not using is up for sale...I junked 80 bucks worth of radiators yesterday,wish I had a lot more scrap...:crazy:

4. Chevy305

Chevy305 6 Lug 14bsf Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

go to your local library and use their scanners. I'm sure a librarian would be happy to help you.