Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

my 84 blazer....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bryguy00b, Apr 22, 2002.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

hey guys
    well i am working on my truck now..(the 84 blazer i pcoked up staerday)..and me and my dad just put the battery in it to check out al lthe accsesories. its louded..power windows/locks, air, criuse, tilt, clock...everything..but when i vehicle gets to be this old and you have al lthese options.. is it hard to fix most..the winows wokr...althought VERY slow..and you have to help them down a lttel..and up..the rear window moter runs..but no go on the window..thinknig gears or something? locks dont wokr..so i do it by hand, ac i think is hard ot get going agin riht..(we are taking engine and tranny form my 85 and putting it in this)..and the criuse..i have no clue...lol..was just wondering if any one has fixed any of this stuff on a blazer befor..

thanx!-Bryan

2. txbluethunder

txbluethunder 1/2 ton status

i've fixed my locks...just metered out the wiring and found out it was bad switches...bought some new ones from the local dealer for about 20 bucks.

3. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

really...cool..well i think that wold be liek that last thing i would fix..i mostly care about lal the makor stuff rihgtn ow..like the lights..wipers..and a lthat stuff works..but i REALLYY need ot get that rear window wokring..that is a must!!

bryan-latrer

4. txbluethunder

txbluethunder 1/2 ton status

try a search...i've seen treads about the rear support bars inside of the rear gate binding up the ledge that the windows sits on...just a thought?

5. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

anythings a help..thanx

bryan

6. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

I'd check all the fuses in the fuse box first!

I agree with rene as well. If you are going to post every little question every few minutes take a few moments to consider a few things:
    1) Who am I posting to and for what reason. This will help you to figure out what forum to post into and maybe help to word the question to be answered much more easily.

2)Is my post readable and does it make sense. Everyone makes typos etc. but not every other word. Granted you are young and have many more years ahead of you in school you can prevent alot of these typos by proof-reading what you just typed before submitting I usually select preview post before posting so that I can reread what I just typed and check for the above mentioned things.

All of your questions despite the level they are at can, and usually will be answered. There is an abundant amount of knowledge on this board from over 4,000 members and everything is likely to be adressed just do us all a favor and consider the above mentioned.

P.S. If you need a wiring diagram for the rear window I made one.

7. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

please.......type.......slower.

Rene

8. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

huh...to fast for you? lol..and did you get my PM i sent you..by the way this is to RENE..

bryan

9. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

oopsy sorry wrong rene!! lol

bryan

10. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

huh...to fast for you?

<hr></blockquote>
    Yeah, I'm a slow reader.../forums/images/icons/tongue.gif Actually your typo's were getting on my nerves a bit.

Rene

11. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

k lol
    sorry i will shut my mouth up for the next few weeks....lol