Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My '85 K30 got hurt today.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by thatK30guy, Jul 21, 2002.

1. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

My \'85 K30 got hurt today.

For the past week, I have been on vacation and working on a house where we tore off old shingles and are putting down new ones.

A friend is helping me do this job and he went to get off the roof where my truck was parked, to step down onto the top of the passenger side of the cab when his foot completely missed the roof. He went down, hitting his armpit/side on the bedside and tumbled down to the ground. He is fine after being shook up a little.

After he got up and walked around to make sure he was ok, we happened to glance at the corner where we have been stepping on the top of the cab to get up to the roof and saw a "crater." /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

We think when he went down, his knee may have hit the corner before he went down on his armpit/side to the bedside.

The "crater" is about the size of a football and goes about 2" deep!!! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif It's right on the top corner of the cab at the seam area.

I tried to pop it back out but it won't move. To hard of an area to give any flex. Gonna take it to a body shop to see if a suction puller will get most of it out. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

I've had this truck for 6 years now and never had one dent anywhere on it (except for the small hail dents). I took good care of this truck and made sure the body looked just like when I bought it. Now this happens and my pride is finally broken. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

BTW, I have been on vacation the past week and will be for the next week. This is why I haven't been on the site very much for the past week. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif Roofing jobs, especially the insurance jobs, pay damn good once you get done. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

2. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Re: My \'85 K30 got hurt today.

Wait a minute! Are you on vacation or not? Sounds like you guys should be drinking a little more beer while doing this. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

Ohh man sorry to hear that you got one of the nicest trucks too I bet you wanted to be mad at him but prob one of your wheelen buddys

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Here's a thought: Buy a ladder! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

5. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Get one of those "paintless" dent removal places to fix it they have special tools and only charge about $50.

6. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Throw some mud on it and call it "Trail damage"... /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Rene