Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

MY 86 k5 BUILD THREAD

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by adamforsythe, Jan 20, 2007.

1. adamforsythe

adamforsythe 1/2 ton status

------------UPDATED POST 12-24-2007------------
    Since everyone has there own build thread...and your not cool in tell you have one. I'm declaring this my build thread.
    I'm working on a few more things. Plus sources have told me that I'm getting a digital camera for xmas so I will take a crap load of pics when i'm working on the old girl.

-----------original POST 01-20-2007----------------------
    Wow I can't believe there is no rust under my 1986 K5 blazer what so ever. It's so clean. Now I know what a lot of hard work and 1 1/2 months will get you. a rust free truck new floors and a close to empty bank account. hahaha. I still have about 2 1/2 weeks before it's all done. I wish I had before pics of my floor. Everything is coated in rust bullet. I almost have all of the front floor down. I started on the back Here are a few pics of whatr I have done I will talk new pics tomarrow
    Here are a few pics of what I have done. I do have a few before pics. I will have more tomarrow and a few more later on tonight.
    Tell me what you think
    Thanks
    Adam

post5.jpg

Adam_s_truck_002.jpg

Adam_s_truck_001.jpg

Adam_s_truck_003.jpg

Last edited: Dec 24, 2007
  2. Craig Artzner

Craig Artzner 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Welcome to the "no rust" club! You'll like it here.

3. adamforsythe

Glad to be a member trust me when ever i'm working on my truck I will be looking for it. I hope with the rust bullet it don't happen. But hey you never know.
    Heres a few more pics sorry about them being so dark I will take better ones tomarrow.

blazer_floor_pan_001.jpg

blazer_floor_pan_005.jpg

blazer_floor_pan_006.jpg

blazer_floor_pan_007.jpg

4. Chrisblazzer89

Chrisblazzer89 1/2 ton status

NICE!! Quick ? how hard was it to install the floor shifter?

5. adamforsythe

Just to let you guys know. I used 1x1 square stock for the back. I'm also using 1/4" by 4" inch flat stock along with 2X3" square stock. I have 3 sheets that are are 1/8" inch by 4'x8'. I may be taking one back. I don't know how I pulled that off but I did. But I'm not even close to lay carpet down yet. So we well just have to see what happens. I'm going to be using Black marine carpet from lowes. I'm going to make it easy to pull out so that if I even go off roading in lakes river, ect, ect:D. I can pull the carpet out. I'm going to have 2 real Heavy coats of rust bullet plus back paint that will protect the inside of the truck. I have 2 heavy coats on the fram, sub, fram, etc, etc.

6. adamforsythe

It's pretty easy. When you get the shifter there is some assembly required. But it's not hard. mostly brakets and stuff. Then just drill 4 holes in the tranny tunel then bolt it down. Bolting it down is the hardest part. because the T-case gets in the way. but it can be done. When I reinstall it it should take me about 10 min if that. Make sure you use t he right braket on the tranny. keep the cord from the shifter to the tranny away from hit. Mine seems to stay as close to the floor as posible above the t-case so I don't worry about it.
    Thanks
    Adam

7. adamforsythe

ohh yea I forgot the the back up switch and N safty switch take up some time. I didn't install my N safty switch. I know when I shut my truck off it's in park so when I turn it on it's going to be in park. That back up light wires are easy to find and fook up. If you need any help just pm me.

8. adamforsythe

Here some more pics of my new floors

blazer_floor_001.jpg

blazer_floor_002.jpg

blazer_floor_003.jpg

blazer_floor_004.jpg

blazer_floor_005.jpg

9. adamforsythe

a few more....

blazer_floor_006.jpg

blazer_floor_007.jpg

blazer_floor_008.jpg

blazer_floor_009.jpg

blazer_floor_010.jpg

10. adamforsythe

----start RANT----
    So my truck has been in the shop for almost 3 weeks to get a INSPECTION STICKER. I keep on asking the guy when he is going to get to it and guess what he told me today. "WHEN I GET TO IT" I have not been on his butt about it every Friday or Monday I will go in and ask him whats up.
    THIS IS WHY I'M THE ONLY ONE THAT WORKS ON MY TRUCK.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad1::mad1::mad1::mad1:
    ----END RANT----