Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My 86 was stolen!! FOUND TODAY!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by k2mslskier, May 5, 2006.

1. k2mslskier

k2mslskier 1/2 ton status

Hey everybody especially everyone in the Tucson and southern AZ area my 86 K5 was stolen today right from in front of my work. I'm not sure on the time and unfortunately the surveilance cameras that my boss has don't quite cover the parking area so the only thing the cops have to go on is an ID card that one of the guys found in the yard that doesn't belong to anyone at work. I found it missing around 3p.m. when I got back to the yard. The only thing that is left is the glass from the passenger side window in pieces all over the ground, apparently how they got in.

These are current pictures of it, you can see the ColoradoK5.com stickers front and rear. I know it's a long shot but if anyone spots it call the cops of course or better yet follow them, corner them and then let me know so that I can take care of them.

I am so p*ssed I feel like throwing up. I'm sure it's already in Mexico by now but my insurance agent said that almost 80% of vehicles are recovered. I doubt mine will be one of those. The cop said the K5's are pretty popular right now so chain them down guys and gals. Another crappy thing about it is that I had my tool bag in the back.

Thanks everybody.
    Andy

Last edited: Dec 8, 2007
  2. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Dude, that really sucks, I hope you get it back. Thats my biggest fear with mine, especially since it looks......'nice' from the outside.

Maybe you'll bump into whoever stole it, and give them a nice little 'talkin to', thieves suck.

3. theperfectgarage

theperfectgarage 1/2 ton status

Man, that pisses me off! :mad: I work at Parts for Less here in Tucson, I'll be watching like a hawk. GRRRRR.

4. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

I doubt it will get as far west as I am but I will be looking for it anyway.

5. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I'm gonna sticky this thread for the next week to keep it on everyone's mind. Good luck, brother. Hopefully somebody just took it for a joyride and it will be found in a couple of days.........

6. Can Can

Can you AZ guys do us a favor and spread the word among the other BBSs and forums you visit? :deal:

7. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

Yea, Can is right..... Spread this word around. Also, a more detailed description - WHAT IS SPECIFIC AND UNIQUE ABOUT THIS K5? I see the drivers door has some red bondo near the rear view mirror and glass.... What else? What makes this one stand out?

Spread this word around, people.... Every forum board we can think of - GET THIS MAN HIS K5 BACK!!!!!

8. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

Sorry to hear about it. Hope you get it back soon.

9. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

From the look of it, the rims are fairly unique. You don;t see too many like that around me

10. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

I and the rest of the guys up here will be keeping an eye out. Unfortunately, he's probably right and it went down South instead of up this way but ya never know.

If I can figure it out, I'll go ahead and put a link from the Rocky Mountain Region.

11. k2mslskier

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. If there was anyone that I knew I could count on it's everyone from here. God Bless CK5.com

As far as distinct features the driver's side sliding rear window is cracked. There is a little bit of damage to the right front fender, corner of the hood and the right side of the grill area. The obvious which is the CK5 stickers front and rear. I told the cops that too. I know of two other K5's painted like mine in Tucson but mine is the only one with those stickers on the windows. And like you said Readymix, those are Centerline Hellcats with 33" BFG Mud ta's, thanks to Moose for the wheels and DesertYeti for the tires. The interior is maroon and it was practically brand new, was completely redone about 2 years ago by the previous owner.

As you can see on the tailgate the paint has faded away so that the primer stands out as well as a couple of areas that I sanded down and shot with a light red primer.

That's about all I can think of right now. I can't decide if I want to crawl into a corner and puke or cry my eyes out. This is the first time this has happened to me. Why couldn't they have taken something I could give two hangnails for? Anything but my baby. Ever since we got it last year all my kids could do was fight over who was going to get it when they started driving, they are 11 and 8. If you ask either one of them which vehicle would they rather ride in, Dad's or Mom's(99 Durango), it was always mine. Gotta be proud.

Anyway, thanks again everyone.

12. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

It's on Pirate here. I didn't know if you were a member, but you can add to that thead if not. Good luck bother.

13. k2mslskier

Hi again, my 8 year old daughter wanted to give her input on the situation so I will let her take over now...

hi my name is kayla. i want my blazer back.please look out for my blazer.because i want it when i`m 16.my brother wants it to.
    thanks.

14. Can Can

Well, Kayla, we're all doing our best to make sure you guys get your Blazer back. Keep your fingers crossed, honey!!!! :thumb:

15. k2mslskier

thankyou can

16. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

17. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

we.ll keep looking. it seems you can;t have anything without some joker stealing it.:angry1:

18. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I stuck it on crawlinaz in case man :D

Sorry about your luck with these theiven fockers !!!

19. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

Posted at AustinK5.net

20. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

That sucks Andy, What is yourPlate Number and any dents any where that we can look for? I'll keep my eyes open....