Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My 89 MR2 is for sale . street legal go-cart & a fun little car

Discussion in 'Complete Vehicles' started by chopped&bobbed77burb, Aug 13, 2006.

1. chopped&bobbed77burb

chopped&bobbed77burb 1/2 ton status

:D I'm the 3rd owner of this great little car and it runs and drives great and get's great gas milage . My father bought it from the orignal owner (62 yr old retired chp) who was/is a customer of his . This car has always been babied and for the last 6+ years it has been my wife's daily driver . A few months ago my wife had a minor run in with the tow hitch on the back of a 4x4 truck (wet pavement and following to close). The damage was was done to the soft bumper cover , ac condencer (ac wasn't working anyway), radiator(it didn't leak) and the hood . No damage was done to the structure of the car or to the flip up headlights as they still work . I replaced the hood ( it's got those racing hood pin's installed ) and installed a new radiator and antifreeze/coolant . I geuss I will start with the body . This is the last year for the 1st generation mr2 . This car handles great and is actually pretty fast . 2200 lb car with 130 hp ! This is the pretty rare dark blue metallic color and the paint is still nice and shiny . I have only seen 4 mr2's of this color . Other than the front end cosmetics this car is straight with exception to a few little pecker dings here and there . This car has the ground effects kit that includes the front spoiler , side moldings, rear wing with the flush mount brake light . also has the clear rear window visor . The windshield was replaced right befor I bought the car and wouldn't you know it ! 2 week's later I got a very small rock chip in it . The interior is in good shape with no rips or tears . This has always been a nonsmoking car . It has a factory sun roof that can be completely taken out our just pop it up . I've never taken it out . It does not leak ! I installed an aftermarket grant wood steering wheel along with a matching MOMO wood shift knob . It's got a high power kenwood am/fm cd player with Polk 4" mid bass / flush mount tweeters with a crossover system and a clarion suitcase style subwoofer that fit's behind the passenger set ( takes up very little space ) . Windows roll up and down fine ( not power windows) . Has rear window defrost and a kick a$$ heater . Car has ac but it has not work for me (needs recharged) and when it was wrecked it damaged the ac condencer . Tires (195-60-14)have 90% tread . Brakes have about 75% left . rotors are in good shape as they were replaced along with the wheel bearing at 156,000 by my father at his shop . Now for the engine . The later mr2's 88-89 used the same block (7rib), crank and rod's ( bigger wrist pin )as the supercharged mr2s . They also used the much stroger c52 5 speed tansmission . motor is the 4age red top . Has a KnN air filter . always has had Amsoil full synthetic 10/40 hp oil ran in it along with a filtermag . Motor and tranny are original and have 211,000 miles . The motor does not smoke , leak oil or use oil . This is a toyota and it has alot of life left in it . Gets 28 mpg around town and 33+ on the freeway . At 189,000 I replaced the timing belt and tensioner . also replaced the clutch disc , pressure plate , throwout bearing and the rear main seal and had the flywheel resurfaced . I also replaced the water pump , alternator and battery about 2 years ago @ 187,000 miles . The struts were replaced by the original owner around 140,000 and they still work great . Like I said , this car has been babied and taken care of and I hope it gets a good home . I have a folder with records and receipts for all my parts . I have done all repairs myself . I have to many cars/trucks so I'm thinning the heard . I'm firm on the price of $1300 cash , AND NO TRADES and NO PAYMENTS . This is a great running / driving car and is very reliable . should last along time if it's taken care of . If you are serious about this car and have $1300 cash then we can go from there . I have a clear clean title in my name .

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. chopped&bobbed77burb

chopped&bobbed77burb 1/2 ton status

It's gone ! I sold it on Thursday .