Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My 90 K-5 Died !!!!! ***UPDATE***

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by opfor2, Jun 26, 2005.

1. opfor2

opfor2 1/2 ton status

:( I was driving my 90 K-5 on Friday to go and pick up my daughter from daycare when I noticed that the volt meter was all most in the red discharge position. I got to a red light, stopped and the trucked died. I tried to crank it but nothing, attempted to activate the four way emergency flashers, nothing. Seemed like there was no power to the vehicle, funny thing thought when the door was open with the key in the ignition the buzzer sounded but nothing else worked. So a friendly tow truck driver and $ 68.00 latter offered to tow my truck to the dealer I have to wait till Monday to see what’s wrong with it. God this sucks not having a extra vehicle. But I'ed rather pay for repairs than car payments once a month and full insurance coverage :) :) :)

***UPDATE***

The dealer or should I say thief called and said that the problem was a lose connection from the battery cable to the starter and get this they charged me $ 100.00 to tighten the bolt. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: Well I guess this is what I get for not having the time to troubleshoot the problem myself. Oh well it’s only money right? Thanks to those who suggested and tried to help. :)

Dan..

Last edited: Jun 27, 2005
  2. bigcountryk5

bigcountryk5 1/2 ton status

sounds like an alternator you coulda pulled it yourself to test it not all that hard to doit will save you some money if the stealership says it's a bad alternator to replace yourself.

also if it (the alternator) is an aftermarket one i'd ask for it and get it tested if you let them replace it it might just be a bad ground and they'll resale your's...... seen it happenb before :mad:

Last edited: Jun 26, 2005
  3. protechk5

protechk5 1/2 ton status

what he said, take it off and go get it tested, since u have a 90 it is the easiest thing in the world to do