Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My 91 got a lean engine code, where should i start??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by CiceroK5, Jul 15, 2003.

1. CiceroK5

CiceroK5 Registered Member

Where should start checking. Is it an injector or fuel pump issue? What regulates how muc fuel she gets. I had a tune up 2 months ago and a whole new exhaust put on, high flow cat to magnaflow muffler and duals back, no headers. and a new o2 sensor? I hve about 129k on the truck, WTF!!!!!!

2. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif You never replied to your last post . /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif
    Did you start getting the check engine light after the tune-up or after the new exhaust?

3. 88sub4x4

88sub4x4 1/2 ton status

Check to make sure your EGR is working properly, and also remove it and make sure the passage in the intake is not clogged. Then make sure the EGR solenoid is working properly. After that i'd say O2 (they are only 15 bucks if you have the one wire one) Let us know how the chechs work out.

4. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan 1/2 ton status

Make sure there are no exhaust leaks upstream of the O2 sensor, or near it for that matter. If exhaust is leaking out fresh air can get in and give a false lean signal to the O2 sensor.

5. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

check your fuel pressure...if it is too low, you will get a lean conditon...also, does the light come on at idle or at part throttle or WOT. I would get a scanner or download WinALDL to see what the O2 is reading at different RPM...