Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My adventure for today...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Aug 11, 2004.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

So there I was, it was about noon, and I was on my way home from visiting my mom at work. I pull up to the stop sign at 1st street and Walterscheid. Coming up on the right is a silver pickup, with a black top and a black strip on the bottom. A cracked windshield and tinted windows, combined with the fact that this was a 3/4 ton 2wd truck with a mid 80's grille made me sure it was my dad driving by on his lunch break or something. So I'm about to wave when I notice something odd:

The driver wasn't my dad. Curious, I waited for the next opportunity to go through the intersection, and started following this guy. I caught up to him at the four-way stop at the top of the hill, where I noticed the paint on the top was extremely faded, and the truck had been registered this month. This HAD to be my dad's truck, what are the chances of this many things being EXACTLY like his? He went straight, and fortunately I didn't have to wait for anyone else to go through the intersection before me, so I was able to stay about 30 yards behind this truck-stealing jerk.

I thought I'd just see where he was going and then go to my dad's office just to be sure he didn't loan the guy his truck before jumping to conclusions and breaking out the #3 Driver club I have in my back seat (for the driving range, not to use as a weapon normally) and crushing this idiots skull. We get to a red light, and I saw him look back at me through his mirrors and I looked at him through his mirrors. It was on now, he knew I was on to him. The light turns green, he turns left, I follow, he keeps watching me. He turns right, I follow. He turns right again onto a dirt road and speeds up considerably, obviously trying to lose me. Wondering if I should call the cops and get them in on the chase, I saw him pull into a driveway. I kept driving by and pulled over behind a few trees around the curve. He gets out and looks over at me and goes into his house.

So I write down this thief's address and decide to stick to my original plan of asking my dad about it before calling the police or roughing the guy up a bit. I went as quickly as I possibly could, without speeding, to my dad's office. What do I find parked right outside? Yes, my dad's truck.

I didn't even bother to stop, I just kept going. Feeling quite silly for jumping to conclusions (though not unreasonably in my opinion), I came home and decided to have some lunch.

I hope you all enjoyed hearing of my high-paced action-packed adventure of the day.

2. camok10

camok10 1/2 ton status

your lucky he didn't call the cops on you. or walk back outside with his 12 gauge side-by-side "stay away from my daughter" gun and put some bird shot into your rear window. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

either way, it was an interesting adventure. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

you really might want to go back to this guys place and let him know exactly what you just said.

if there is any chance that he may put a gun in his truck and come find you or beat your ass for stalking him.

hell he will probably laugh his ass off.

4. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

woah! that was action packed! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

5. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

Didn't the wrong license plate number give it away? /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

6. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I don't know any of mine exept my old Jimmy.

7. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Exactly, I'd get a big ass kick out of it if you told me you were following me.

8. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

Uh-oh, someone busted out the big ole jackass stick.

9. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Didn't the wrong license plate number give it away? /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well the thing about that is my dad just registered the truck yesterday... Before that, it had Colorado plates, so I have no idea what the plate number is... /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

I went back and talked to the guys wife, she said he didn't say anything but it's not the first time it's happened either /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif I guess they used to live in podunk Pine Bluffs with about 5,000 people... and of all the chances, there were 3 IDENTICAL trucks in that town, and they got mixed up once in a while apperantly /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

10. inscape

inscape Registered Member

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif Funny ass story man.