Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My adventures *Long*

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TXsizeK5, Nov 3, 2001.

1. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Well, i quit my job at a fast food place and so now i have a bunch of free time. anyway we go and i decide to be valient and try this huge mud pit. I get stuck.. a lil nissan truck tries to get me out by tying to my leafspring unsuccesfully. Then my frind comes in a 87 stock k5 with a 350. He cant get me out either the tow strap (WITH NO HOOKS MIND YOU) snapped hit my grille and broke a piece off... so then my other friend comes with a 93 Z71 and 33" mud kings. And he cant get me out. So we call my frindn chad with a 83 k10 with 44" tsl's and he gets me out the back. I go and i drive around hit this bummp on accident and park i get out and cose my door and i hear crackling. I was like wtf so i roll up my window and its all shattered. the only thing holding it was the tint! So I'm pised. So then the only guy with a towstrap (guy in teh k10) leaves. And the crack whore in the 87 sotkc blazer tries to go thru where i got stuck. he gets stuck bad!!! so the guy who has the Z71 goes and picks up a tow strap from the guy with the k10. After mutiple tries the Z gets stuck and i pull him out. Finally we call chad in the k10 and he comes so i leave... 10min later i get a phone call "dude come get me out i just need a little nudge. Chads bumper broke off and chris (guy wiht the Z) his hitch ssnapped off! So I go.. and i try and pull em out no luck... i try popping him out and i keep at it for like 10 min and everyttime ill ge tup to like 20mph and ill just kinda stop and bounce back. and my amp and speakers under my seats will come out and smack my feet. Finally i get him out and he ends up forgetting his cellphone there. Jeez what a nite. Oh well it was fun. But was SUCKED is my window that shattered!!! How much does it cost to fix it, i have to fix it befor ei my parents find out... im spending the nite at a friends so they dont find out.

6in 87' K5 w/ 35" BFG muds.
    305/Sm465/ NP208
    Kn, 4.56's.
    next...highflow cat, single inlet dual outlet flowmaster with 4" tips =D

2. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

Oh I'd say around $20 from junkyard. Any blazer, suburban, or truck window will work. Since you have an '87, I assume its power windows. You'll have to take of the trim panel. Just undo all the screws, pull back and then shove up. Undo the wires to the switches and move the panel out of the way. Then loosen up the "guts" of the window. The bolts holding the regulator in. Once its free you just have to move things around till the window comes off the tracks. Then just slide your new window back on.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/bigkern76>http://www.geocities.com/bigkern76</a>

3. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

No , manual windows.

305/Sm465/ NP208
    Kn, 4.56's.

4. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

And the underlying moral of this story is......... get proper recovery points and bolt your junk down so it doesn't get under your brake peddle and get you killed [​IMG] Trying to recover with a hitch ball or wrapping around bumpers is a good way to get somebody killed and your junk tore up.

Women dig dents and flat paint!
    <a target="_blank" href=http://communities.msn.com/OffroadK5s>communities.msn.com/OffroadK5s</a>
    75 Jimmy, Dollar
    Grim-Reaper

5. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

What are proper recovery points? Enlighten me =P

305/Sm465/ NP208
    Kn, 4.56's.

6. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Tow hooks (10,000lb rating) both ends bolted to something solid. Frame if at all possible. Your bud that broke a trailer hitch needs to do the same.

Women dig dents and flat paint!
    coloradok5.com/gallery/Grim
    75 Jimmy, Dollar
    Grim-Reaper

7. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Thsoe arent that great though... my friends hooks bent once... im trying to find some super heavy duty hooks if at all posible.

305/Sm465/ NP208
    Kn, 4.56's.